Your Preferred Sex For Next Puppy/dog

Baileys mum

Your preferred sex for next puppy/dog  

149 members have voted

1. 1. For your next Puppy or Mature dog which sex would you prefer?

• Female
    • Male
    • The sex doesn't matter as long as a get a nice healthy pup or dog with a good temperment.
    • I will not be getting another puppy or dog
    • Other
  2. 2. What will your next puppy or dog be for?

• Pet only
    • pet & Show dog
    • Pet & Breeding
    • pet/breeding/show dog
    • Pet & dog sports
    • Pet/breeding /show dog/ dog sports
    • Pet & woking dog
    • pet/workng dog / breeding
    • Other
    • I will not be getting a puppy/dog in the future
  3. 3. What is the reason for your prefferd sex

• I have always had this sex
    • I think my preferred sex is easier train
    • I think my preferred sex is cleaner/easier to house train
    • I think my preferred sex does not stray as much as the other sex
    • I think my preferred sex makes a better pet
    • I want female to show
    • I want a male to show
    • I want a female for breeding
    • I want a Male for breeding
    • I will not be getting a puppy/dog in the future
    • Other

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next dog will be another Whippet.

I'd prefer a male as I think they make better pets and are easier to manage in terms of the show ring (no seasons). That said, if there was a stunning girl in a litter I was interested in and no comparable male, I'd take a girl.

Next dog would be a pet/show dog/sports dog. Unlikely I"d breed but happy for others to use him if he's good enough.

Edited by poodlefan

I selected female. My experience is that male dogs lift their legs and just pee on everything. My entertainment area outside stank of dog pee because my dog would pee on all the stuff outside. Went to a beach once, just walking along...there were fisherman beach-fishing standing next to their big bags with all their stuff in it, and my male dog just went along and pee on each bag!

I like to have one of each... they each add their own dynamic to the family. Have had one female who never leaves my side, is emotional and doesn't like getting her paws dirty. Have had two males (at separate times) who were/are both little boys who love exploring, getting into puddles and dirt, are happy go lucky and the family clown.

I've been surprised how my three have conformed to societies stereotypical norm for that sex.

My next puppy with hopefully be a female - not sure why, but it's all I want really. Saying that, if the right male came along i'd definitely think about it :)

My next puppy will also be - pet/showing/dog sports (I just choose Pet/showing as there wasn't one with all three that didn't have breeding in it :) ).

My next dog wont come till after I no longer have my boy and it will prob be a male becaue I prefer the boys. I just like there temperaments more and as for the smell all I can say is what smell? My boy doesnt pee or lifts his leg on anthing :)

Male leg lifting may have something to do with the age they were desexed, in the case of males I've had anyway.

Our old boy was desexed at 6 months and never once marked in the house, whereas Blaze was desexed at around 5 years old, and he still marks.

My next dog will be out of my first litter, so I will be keeping the nicest one regardless of sex.

I've mainly had boys and have just gotten my first girl, I am not sure which one I prefer more at the moment. I love my sooky boys but Jovi just gets me and what I want quicker and easier than the boys but I don't know if thats a girl thing or a Jovi thing :)

I had all male dogs throughout my childhood

Currently I have both a male and a female...

I think just like boys more, My heart dog was a boy, I have bonded better with Steve than I have with Kara :)

I just think boys are more balanced and less nonsense :) but I'm the first to say my experience with female dogs is somewhat limited :(

Thanks to everyone who replied & also who participated in the Poll. :thumbsup:

It looks like going by the poll that both sexes are evenly preferred & that their are many different reasons for preferred sex.

Also interesting to see that pet & dog sports seem to be the most popular for choice for getting a dog.

I do find it interesting that the results of this poll are very different to my other one in Breeders forum, where 21 breeders have voted that female puppies are more higher in demand...compared to 7 breeders voting that Males are more preferred. Only 4 have voted that the sexes are even.

Interesting that differen't polls show such opposite results. :D