Your Preferred Sex For Next Puppy/dog

Baileys mum

Your preferred sex for next puppy/dog  

149 members have voted

1. 1. For your next Puppy or Mature dog which sex would you prefer?

• Female
    • Male
    • The sex doesn't matter as long as a get a nice healthy pup or dog with a good temperment.
    • I will not be getting another puppy or dog
    • Other
  2. 2. What will your next puppy or dog be for?

• Pet only
    • pet & Show dog
    • Pet & Breeding
    • pet/breeding/show dog
    • Pet & dog sports
    • Pet/breeding /show dog/ dog sports
    • Pet & woking dog
    • pet/workng dog / breeding
    • Other
    • I will not be getting a puppy/dog in the future
  3. 3. What is the reason for your prefferd sex

• I have always had this sex
    • I think my preferred sex is easier train
    • I think my preferred sex is cleaner/easier to house train
    • I think my preferred sex does not stray as much as the other sex
    • I think my preferred sex makes a better pet
    • I want female to show
    • I want a male to show
    • I want a female for breeding
    • I want a Male for breeding
    • I will not be getting a puppy/dog in the future
    • Other

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put other for the second two questions. My next dog will be for pet/dog sports/breeding if suitable, although they may do baby puppy at shows, it's certainly not on the list of priorities, espcially if I go for a breed that working lines differ so greatly from show lines. I have a preference for males and initially was going to click the "easier to train", but I don't believe the sex is easier to train as a whole, but they suit my training style better than females, so for me I think they are easier to train.

I voted female, the only reason being that I already have a male Akita and having one of each would be much more manageable, i.e. avoiding same sex aggression. This is only if we have two dogs. If we don't have another pup until after Kyojin I would get a male. I prefer the general personality of male dogs better. And, I would prefer another male Akita due to their size.

I prefer females, but would happily get a male if it was the right dog for me. I currently have a female, but she gets on well with all dogs so sex wouldn't really became issue. I don't like male dogs who constantly want to pee on everything, but I suspect this is more a training issue. I also don't like how some males pee on themselves (bad aim lol). I have found my female dogs to be easier to train and they seem more obedient, but I know some people find the opposite.

I prefer males generally and our next would probably be another male. Lilly is the only female I have owned and, while she is gorgeous and affectionate and not at all what I expected from a bitch, she can also be a real bitch at times. I don't know if I would be asking for trouble if I took in another female at the same time.

We are waiting to move before we get our next dog. But I too prefer females, I have owned males before, but I have found females are more nurturing towards kids than my males, the training side of it was equal, as is the toilet training. Females I have found have a more gentler nature than the robust males I had....though these are for the larger breeds, Rotties and Dobes.

I have over the last 20 years always chosen a female over a male.....but as the next dog we get will be from a particular breeder, it will depend if she has any puppies or maybe an older dog available at the time. As for gender.....no this last time I don't really care what it is, male or female, puppy or adult, black or fawn.....I will be happy to just get another Pug.

BF

I used to prefer male dogs until I got Bitty who is the darlingest of all darlings!!!!!! She is a menace but oh so utterly charming she makes all our hearts sing and we are all obsessed with her (even Bubby loves her best)! So I am aiming for a dog like this in general! Not really fussed on female or male!

When I went looking for my first purebred dog I was looking for a dog but when the litter was born it was mostly girls and I changed my preference. I was looking for a boy because that was all I have had in the past.

My second was also a girl because I was looking for show dog and the only dogs available for showing were girls.

I'm after a bitch next for breeding/showing.

If I wasn't interested in breeding I would only have dogs, I just tend to like then a little more.

So far on the waiting list for our litter everyone wants dogs, not one person has asked for a bitch yet.

This, this and this :laugh:

My next dog from another breeder will be a male of another breed. Hopefully later in the year. :laugh: My next dog that I breed myself to keep will be a bitch, but not for a few years yet. I prefer the temperament on males more than females, but I adore my girls also.

My next dog will not be for aaaages. Definitely not while my Abby is around for sure. So that frees me up for a dog of either sex.

I have never owned a male and I'd really like to experience this so my preference would be leaning toward a male BUT I'm after a pup of the right structure and temperament first. If I had two - one male and one female - that were considered the best for me I considered the male first, but then if the female just felt right... who knows. I'd have no problems taking a female if she was the right dog for me.

I've just bred myself a male and female to keep. :rofl:

But if I were to get one from another breeder (which may be on the cards in a couple of years) I'd prefer a male, for breeding/showing/pet. Would like a male to expand on the line I already have.

We have a multi dog home and my preference is to have 1 male with 2 or 3 females, depending on which dogs I had at the time whether I would get a male or female.

I have found in a house with more than 1 boy mixed with females the boys are more likely to cock their legs on everything. I prefer to train with males, I find them more responsive but females seem to be more independant and happy to hang around you without being on top of you. Of course there are always plenty of acceptions.