Sooky

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

:love: that curly coated retreiver pup looks like a cuddly teddy bear :love:

all the new puppies are adorable!!

She is very cuddly. lol Shes such a great dog. My boys love her to bits, but boy can she cry at night! :laugh:

That's a great video suzie, go Wilbur get that toy haha he looks like he's having the best time. Did he settle in well? Much crying or anything? His coat look beautiful.

Hi Tara,

Wilbur settled with us really well. No night time crying etc he was quiet for the first night after he got off the plane, but by the next morning Mr Naughty Pants had arrived :laugh: Looking back Wilbur's settling in has been more about adjusting to all the new sights, sounds, tastes, rules etc which he's achieved really well. he had his first puppy school lesson today and was great....a little stressed till he settled down. Wilbur has had some difficulty adjusting to the car, but we're persevering. This week we're going to take him out in the car every day to help him develop confidence. Some time this week we're going to move his crate from beside my bed to the end of the bed :crossfingers: I don't want to move him out of my bedroom til he can hold his bladder the whole night. While he's in my room, he wakes me when he becomes unsettled and needs to go out for a loo break. if i move him out of my room i won't hear his movement in the crate.

That's a great video suzie, go Wilbur get that toy haha he looks like he's having the best time. Did he settle in well? Much crying or anything? His coat look beautiful.

Hi Tara,

Wilbur settled with us really well. No night time crying etc he was quiet for the first night after he got off the plane, but by the next morning Mr Naughty Pants had arrived :laugh: Looking back Wilbur's settling in has been more about adjusting to all the new sights, sounds, tastes, rules etc which he's achieved really well. he had his first puppy school lesson today and was great....a little stressed till he settled down. Wilbur has had some difficulty adjusting to the car, but we're persevering. This week we're going to take him out in the car every day to help him develop confidence. Some time this week we're going to move his crate from beside my bed to the end of the bed :crossfingers: I don't want to move him out of my bedroom til he can hold his bladder the whole night. While he's in my room, he wakes me when he becomes unsettled and needs to go out for a loo break. if i move him out of my room i won't hear his movement in the crate.

That's good, I'm not sure what to expect, it's been a long time since I've had a pup. I'll have my L's on again for a while I think. If you don't mind me asking who was the breeder you get Wilbur off? I'm still waiting on my new black little girl, but would love a choccy one in the future as well.

Hi Tara,

That's good, I'm not sure what to expect, it's been a long time since I've had a pup. I'll have my L's on again for a while I think. If you don't mind me asking who was the breeder you get Wilbur off? I'm still waiting on my new black little girl, but would love a choccy one in the future as well.

We chose Ruth Bone (Boskyrhomb) breeders of choc labs in Ballarat. I've got my 'Ls' on for the 3rd time :laugh: it was 14 years between puppies for us and 10 years before that! I wouldn't hesitate to get a pup off Ruth again if i were looking for a chocolate. My OH says he'd like another lab in a year/18 months time and suggested a yellow like our last lab. Since i'm the primary puppy caregiver/trainer, we'll wait and see ;) I'd probably only have another puppy if i was at home again to train and care for it. I've been very lucky with all three of our puppies as I happen to be off work when each of them came home. I'm having a gap year this year, so the timing was great. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new black little girl soon :D

Heard from the breeder today, confirmation of pregnancy, she's expecting only 4 pups, most likely due at end of sept. Fingers crossed ones a little black girl for me.

My pups mum ( who im getting this weekend) they only saw 4 pups on the scan but 7 were born, sometimes they are hiding