Why Do Everyone Hate The Rspca?

Leelaa17

Although there is one major change. 

This topic would never have been allowed existence  18 years ago

What hasn't changed is the "where there's smoke there's fire" is applied to any who speak up that their animal has been taken. Even when it's returned with out any charges, even when its returned suffering pneumonia, torn trachea and so dehydrated his vet had him on a drip within minutes of arrival at his own vets. He had None of the three conditions he now needed treatment for when he had disappeared into their control 13 days before. 

Yet was still told that only weeks ago, even though it happened in 1999, speak up and face the negative consequences still today 

Actually the title might be better as fear? Than hate. 

Although having met one of their inspector's recently, apparently they are not allowed to accept any offers of food or drink due to the risk. 

Sad state of affairs.

Edited by asal

3 hours ago, asal said:

What hasn't changed is the "where there's smoke there's fire" is applied to any who speak up that their animal has been taken.

This is definitely true... mainly due to the incredible PR juggernaut that the RSPCA employs...

Thousands of people have horror stories to tell, but the reprisals if one speaks out publicly can be nasty. There are grounds for a class action case against the RSPCA, but try finding one person who will stand up and add their name to one...

T.

12 hours ago, tdierikx said:

This is definitely true... mainly due to the incredible PR juggernaut that the RSPCA employs...

Thousands of people have horror stories to tell, but the reprisals if one speaks out publicly can be nasty. There are grounds for a class action case against the RSPCA, but try finding one person who will stand up and add their name to one...

T.

The results to the people involved even though they don't know it can be life changing. permanently life changing. In my case I ended up in Nepean Hospital, pretty much hysterical. the doctors there decided I had Bipolar so spent the next 14 years of my life being drugged for what I finally discovered after being referred to Dr Faber when despite the drugs  to control bipolar seemed to be making things progressively worse. He realised I had PTSD and that was only because he had many ex military clients.  We are well aware war destroys so many who left home perfectly fine, how on earth can someone who has never seen war or been in combat end up like this,  he told my husband I was as badly affected as his worst cases who were unable to leave their home without someone with them. 

I thought once I knew what it was, that it would like Rumplestiltskin it would go away.

it didnt. not until I read this forwarded to me by a friend did I finally begin to understand why. or why "get over it" wasnt working either

How many tens of thousands of pet owners rely on their pets to cope with this without having a clue what is wrong with them

at least now returned soldiers are allowed and encouraged to have a therapy dog. how many others are unconsiously doing the same? Yet they are powerless to keep their pets safe from the rspca.

https://www.afom.org.au/images/research/V.93-3-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sethanne Howard and Mark Crandalll.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby & I now aren't  too  happy with  the RSPCA,  Last Saturday we finally caught a stray cat, he was feral, huge & nasty looking we lured him into a possum trap with dinner scraps                                 took him down to the local RSPCA 40 minutes away , the young girl told my hubby it was illegal to trap animals on the weekend & we should take him to a  vet, or she could fine us !                         so hubby took the cat over his friends farm who then shot the cat,  Which , in hindsight, we should have done first, save the cat & us a lot of stress.                                                        

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

Hubby & I now aren't  too  happy with  the RSPCA,  Last Saturday we finally caught a stray cat, he was feral, huge & nasty looking we lured him into a possum trap with dinner scraps                                 took him down to the local RSPCA 40 minutes away , the young girl told my hubby it was illegal to trap animals on the weekend & we should take him to a  vet, or she could fine us !                         so hubby took the cat over his friends farm who then shot the cat,  Which , in hindsight, we should have done first, save the cat & us a lot of stress.                                                        

A few years ago I took a litter of feral kittens to animal welfare, I had trapped them in a airport carry cage along with their mum by feeding them in it for a week to get them to go in to it and putting a string on it to pull it shut, to my astonishment the girl opened the door, it was amazing.

They took off like rockets and pinghed all over the place. but they never refused to take them when I brought them in, think she must have been new and didnt realise how wild ferals are,  once the cats were out of the bag so to speak, the rest of the staff  did a wonderful job catching them and dealing with them, so I recommend to anyone to go to animal Welfare.

took a dog I found injoured recently and they took him in immediately and were very caring

Edited by asal
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, asal said:

A few years ago I took a litter of feral kittens to animal welfare, I had trapped them in a airport carry cage along with their mum by feeding them in it for a week to get them to go in to it and putting a string on it to pull it shut, to my astonishment the girl opened the door, it was amazing.

They took off like rockets and pinghed all over the place. but they never refused to take them when I brought them in, think she must have been new and didnt realise how wild ferals are,  once the cats were out of the bag so to speak, the rest of the staff  did a wonderful job catching them and dealing with them, so I recommend to anyone to go to animal Welfare.

took a dog I found injoured recently and they took him in immediately and were very caring

My very first dog came from the RSPCA 37 yrs ago, when I was 10. It sparked a life long love of animals. I still work with animals now. 

In the last several years I’ve had a few less than satisfactory encounters with the RSPCA trying to adopt dogs. Until early last year when I managed to adopt my current dog which they actually went above and beyond, although there were some communication issues.

Ive had several dealings with the AWL and they’ve always been very positive. Most recently yesterday, when I adopted a cat from them! My only gripe with that experience is the pricing. I don’t think the cat was too expensive, considering they did do all the vet work, but all the mixed breed cats were $25-50 fully vetted, the one I fell in love with happened to be a pure breed, so was $300. There was another pure breed there at $250. All the animals of that species should be the same price IMO, except maybe senior pets. 

Over all, I don’t have any major gripes with either organisation. I do however have issues with animal welfare laws, and the criminal justice system. 

• Like 1

transferred from the thread I adopted a dog and now the owner is asking for him back?

Posted just now · Report post

10 hours ago, Selkie said:

I can see both sides. On one hand, I do not think only people who own their own home or who have perfect rental records or who are prepared to make huge compromises on where they live should be allowed to have pets. The most vulnerable people in our society, who are the least able to negotiate these things, are probably those who would most benefit from pets.

On the other hand, when I was looking for a house sitter to mind my house for six months, there was no way I was letting a smelly, bird-murdering, furniture-shredding cat into my house. I'm a hypocrite...

Problem is many in this demographic are who rspca get the calls about (frequently by neighbours who don't want animals near or next door) and the damage they do to their minds  can be terrible, it too has a name,' learned helplessness', so many of them don't even have scant knowledge about animals, just watch their tv show if you doubt that, how much of it goes to air without embarrassment beats me, as for the infamous Waterways Koala heist.   they haven't a ghost of a clue about the damage done to the people they traumatise in the process of doing their job.  be interesting if there were statistics done of the percentage that suicide after a visit from them v the general population.

recently one came to a property after a neighbours dispute over the shared fence, inspected the chook's, praised their owner for their beautiful condition, happy with the size of their run, but was not happy that they did not have free range during the day, the owner explained the area has a high fox population, to turn them loose would mean most would be slaughered before nightfall.  To be told, "then stay with them and shoot the foxes"

the owner is 81! 

besides the risk of only wounding the fox, or a stray shot hitting a motorist, (anything can happen with a rifle and his vision isnt what it used to be)start shooting in an urban area and the police would be called anyway.

rather than see them killed to placate the rspca inspector, he gave them away.

they where his delight and his grand kids loved to come help him collect the eggs and take them home.

He is now in deepening depression, already has ptsd to deal with.

people skills,  ZERO

As for telling their owner to let them free range in an area where there are so many foxes they will be killed if turned loose surely is not "prevention of cruelty" surely? pretty dreadful way to die.

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1

just spotted this exchange on faceplant?

Legion DX SydneyLike Page

Following the release of our RSPCAFail video earlier this week, Legion DX Sydneymembers and supporters will be staging a protest today at the RSPCA Sydney site.

Our aim is to be a presence for ALL the animals failed by the RSPCA including the recent Lakesland Hens from our attempted open rescue with NSW Hen Rescue. We hope that by demonstrating a show of solidarity with the animals and confronting the public and any people attending the shelter with the reality of the Rspca, that animal rights will be pushed into the public consciousness and thereby influence social change. Veganism is the new moral baseline and if you're the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals you should be advocating a vegan lifestyle not mandating slaughter.

It's time for the RSPCA to stand down as an animal welfare organisation and to demand an independent commission for animal rights to be on the agenda.

Via The Animal Project:

The RSPCA NSW failed the Lakesland hens, and how many others?

Especially through their "RSPCA approved farming scheme" which offers minimalist and vague "welfare" standards.

Maybe it seems counterintuitive to you? Animal rights organisations protesting a purported "Animal Welfare" organisation.

Don't you have bigger battles to face?

The answer is no. No we don't.

Because when the enforcement of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act is entrusted to a group who promotes "humane" slaughter at a fraction of an animals life, "humane" forced impregnation and "humane" abduction of babies ...

We have a huge issue.

Because when the enforcement of a CRIMINAL act, enacted to offer PROTECTION to animals, is entrusted to a "charity" with clear conflicts of interest - through their approved farming schemes through which they gain MASSIVE FINANCIAL BENEFIT ...

We have a huge issue.

Because when the enforcement of this act is entrusted to an organisation who, according to their annual reports, pursue only 0.06% of cruelty complaints ...

We have a HUGE ISSUE.

RSPCA, you have blood on your hands and treachery in your hearts, and we are telling EVERYONE.

------

Stand with us today and if you're unable to make the event Share the video below, stay tuned for our LIVE streams and let's show the RSPCA that we will continue to hold them accountable for their failure.

Watch video here:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2181895478722258&id=2014293468815794

#RspcaFail #LegionDxSydney #NswHenRescue #TruthWalkers#Justice4TheLakeslandHens

-NLIS 2111 [Isy Veira]

Comments
Jess Ashton
Jess A These guys are AR lunatics also right?
Manage
Deb Willett
Deb W It's the Animal Justice Party, l won't be supporting them EVER but isn't it amazing how many enemies the rspca are making these days!!!

ManagJess AshtonJess A Yes, I find it amusing that other AR groups even hate them lol

" Veganism is the new moral baseline and if you're the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals you should be advocating a vegan lifestyle not mandating slaughter. "

OMG! Are these people for real?

Fun that they are targetting the RSPCA and getting media coverage about it though... not that the lunatic fringe are going to be taken all that seriously... *sigh*

T.

And damaging, because their lunacy of course then calls all other criticism of the organisation into question.  Wrong, but that's how people think, one basket. 

Mind you, I am totally rapt that the live sheep trade has had another spike in its coffin today, and if the ship owners had just complied they wouldn't have lost out.  Only a matter of time, but still too long.