Hoons Set Their Dog On Resident

stonecutter

In the SMH today

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pitbull-bites-ma...0401-1cnx2.html

Two people allegedly set a pitbull dog on a man after he complained about them doing burnouts in their street in Sydney's south west.

The man, 20, underwent surgery today after the dog latched on to his groin during the attack in Heyson Way at Claymore, about 10pm yesterday.

Police allege the dog's owner, a 29-year-old man, released the dog after the victim confronted him and another man over the pair performing burnouts in the street.

The dog chased the victim before attacking, leaving the man with severe cuts to his groin.

He was taken to Campbelltown Hospital, where he was listed as being in a stable condition following surgery, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The 29-year-old man and his friend, 25, were arrested.

It's expected they will face charges under the Companion Animals Act, as well as traffic matters, police said.

Local council rangers are expected to seize the dog today.

This just makes me mad :laugh: - and the poor dog - I can't imagine he's had a great life if he's been trained to bite a human on command :D

Bloody idiots!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet another mark against the pit bull. But of course no one will consider the life his dog may have led. And I very much doubt he will have any sort of assessment like Buster did. The dog will likely need to be euthanized anyway but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be assessed along with the situation it has been living in. How will we ever learn about attacks if this doesn't happen??

I'd really like to see a picture of the dog.

Edited by melzawelza

I can't imagine he's had a great life if he's been trained to bite a human on command

nothing to do with the story but thats a pretty poor judgement call.

Possibly - but based on the behaviour of the owners (public mischief, aggression towards people, dangerous driving) - do you think on the balance of probabilities they provide an environment that is full of positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviours? I can't imagine that these hoons are canine officers for the police force or customs in their spare time.

My understanding is that dogs don't bite people because they like to. Of course, my understanding is limited and I don't have a degree in animal behaviour and psychology - so if someone does - I'd love to know how dogs come to like biting people. :laugh:

ETA - is it like hunting animals like lions? I was told by a game ranger in Kenya that once a lion has a taste for human blood, animal blood is much less appetising and as a result, any lion that kills a human must be destroyed.

Edited by stonecutter

Makes you wonder If we'll ever rid of BSL when we continue to have wanker owners like this doing wrong by the dog and breed :laugh:

Poor victim I really hope he recovers and poor dog who Is yet another statistic and another one let down by owners who don't deserve dogs

Its expected they will be charged under the companion animals act ? The offenders in this case probably can't believe their good fortune.

Supposing events unfolded as described in the article, it sounds like the dog was used as a weapon which caused the victim serious harm. I'd prefer that one or both of the so called "hoons" were charged with something relating to assault with a weapon.

If he did really lose part of his penis, there is no telling what he might do; the cops may find themselves pulling two bodies out of a ditch sometime in the near future.

As for another mark against the Pitbull, sure, but there is no evidence any Pitbull was involved in this case.

eta

I followed the posted link and had a listen to the video in which a police officer involved in the incident said that they are still investigating, but a charge of assault causing grievous bodily harm is among the possibilities pending further investigation. The report is not consistent with much of what he said, for instance, he says the police don't even know if the alleged offenders released the dog.

Edited by Lo Pan

I said this same thing in another thread - it is these d**kheads that own these specific breeds SPECIFICALLY for an ego boost because they think they are tough and they've got a 'tough dog'.

its effing horrible. this poor dog. :laugh:

all for an ego boost.

The dog was featured on the news. Calm, friendly. The same scenario as the Golden incident last week in fact. It was a pitbull alright, & a very handsome one at that. The fact it wasn't compliant to any of the regulations required for the keeping of restricted breeds isn't going to do the cause much good.

Why wouldn't the incident be reported if it was another breed?

The Golden incident was in the news for longer than this storey was as a matter of fact.

Being in total denial doesnt do the cause any good either..