I Have A Strange Dog!

Michelleva

Georgia is always interested in any dogs she sees on TV. She will bark at them and tell them to go away.

But just now she was barking at an animated dog which was on Stuart Little. :) I think she's weird, does anyone else have one like mine or is she one of a kind... LOL My 5yo was explaining to her that its not real... :(

My friend's pug is like that too, he is the only dog i have meet that actually watches TV its amazing you can see his eyes folowing the caracters on the screen.

Back to topic he barks at dogs and cats, try's to lick puppys and kittens growl's at horses, cow's and goats then runs screming from the room if a lion tiger or similar comes on its quite hillarious.

Guest RANDCMOORE31

The funniest thing I've seen my dog do - was watching the Simpsons. Homer put Santa's Little Helper (the dog) out the back door - so Shelby went out our back door to see where he went! Very funny :laugh:

Lucy is an avid TV watcher. She loves animal shows, cartoon animals, and kids' shows. I think she is drawn to kids' shows for the music and voices. She used to love that ING ad with Billy Connolly - who knows why!?

I can't watch Dog Whisperer or Bondi Vet unless it is in our bedroom where she can't reach the TV. In the loungeroom, she likes to stand up on two legs on the TV unit and blocks my view!

She has a funny routine in the mornings too. I get up, switch on the TV news and go to the kitchen to make breakfast (my other dog Maximus follows me) but she plonks herself on the lounge and watches the news. (If the TV isn't on she usually follows me instead.) :laugh:

James loves watching sport :laugh:

Dogs and other animals on the screen will excite him temporarily but he starts ignoring them again fairly quickly. The only time he actually sits there staring at the television for an extended period of time is when the cricket is on. And rugby, to a lesser extent. It's very funny. I assume the uniforms contrast nicely with the field and catch his attention.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to thread mine, but last night Ruskee watched at least 40 minutes of a wolf documentary, it was amazing. I kept telling her that is your relation, she would look at me, then look back at the screen hehe. Extraordinary.

Guest HarperGD

I will come home from work to find Harper watching Ellen Degeneres. Maybe it's her high pitched voice??

Arnie is actually quite annoying, has a really bad habit. He watches the tv just to see animals.

He spots any animal - cartoon, a bird in the corner, an outline of an animal moving - anything at all! If its an animal he will see it and he barks at the tv and wants to go outside and find this animal!! Its actually his worst habit and I'm trying to figure out how to stop it. LOL

We don't know how he spots every little animal you could imagine. I can't watch Bondi Vet, Animal Planet, Cesar Milan, pffft forget it! Oh and he also goes mental if in a movie a dog barks in the background. We have figured out that in every movie at some point there is a dog barking in the background. :laugh:

My dog only pays attention to the tv if there are animals (especially dogs) or if the football is on. He seems to prefer AFL to NRL, I think because in AFL the screen shot is normally wider so there are things happening all over the screen. We have a massive tv too so I think it gets his attention.

He was so funny the other day, on the news they had a shot of a horse race and he ran up to the screen and was just watching it and it looked like the horses raced off the side of the screen and he went and looked behind the tv, trying to find them :D

18042011097.jpg

***Edit sorry for the big picture

Edited by monique89

My dog use to growl at other dogs on tv now he seems to of gotten over them. Maybe he worked out there not in his house :laugh:. Now instead of tv he is intrested in my sisters siamese fighter whose tank is on a lower coffee table. He spends ages sitting perfectly still infront just watching the fish. When the fish swims to the back of the tank or behind the ornament he rushes foward to check out where it went then suddenly the fish comes out from where it was towards him and he runs away barking :rofl:. Sometimes he feels brave and comes back for seconds or thirds with the fish, but I think the fish has worked out its smarter then my dog .

:laugh: Yep, we've got a little square eyed dog here too. She also tries to find the puppies whenever there are little baby animals crying etc, on TV. Runs behind the TV, tries to get under it, etc, to try and find them. very cute!

He seems to prefer AFL to NRL,

Or maybe he's just got good football taste :thumbsup:.

Once tennis is on tv I wonder if my boy will be phased by it as he is addicted with tennis balls.

Hahaha I agree with you there but my boyfriend keeps trying to get him more excited about the NRL!

Hi, Our trio will sit and watch telly with us of a night. They just love Harry's Practice and when they show dogs running around our babies want to join in by running up to the cabinet and standing up to watch. They will even bark at the screen to try to get the other dogs to take notice of them. It can get noisy.

My dog quite enjoys watching the front loader washing machine at work. And she lets me know when it's done too.

@Lindainfa - your dogs would love the new ABC program on Saturday nights "Kingdom" - frequently includes a large amount of barking attributed to the jack russell/fox terrier type dog that lives in the household.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket