Chocolate Labradors

i know this is pretty random and pointless

but who has one? I like labs but i think it might be my favourite colour out of the three :) well mainly i met one at the dog park named diesel and i wanted to steal him he was so sweet but i assume thats with all labs haha

post-38486-1301799657_thumb.jpg not diesel but just a cute photo ^.^ of if you have any photos please share :cry:

Before i got my dally i wanted a choc lab, in the uk the chocs are "squarer" looking, and shorter, i prefer then like that to pointy and leggy, but the price tag, and my vet put me off, got my dally instead. :laugh:

I didn't think the chocolate ones were more expensive?

If you go to a dodgy breeder they might be, but I think most lab breeders would sell all colours the same price.

Personally I prefer leggy and lean black labs.

Choc ones are cute but they are pretty common in my area, they went through a bit of a stage of being the new must- have dog to be seen with. Some of the temperaments on these dogs (presuambly got from bybs) are less than desirable imo.

I would like to have one lab of each colour and also one aussie of each colour :laugh:

So thats 7 dogs.....

maybe when i get rich lol

I'm not a huge lab fan, lovely dogs I'm sure but they aren't my personal cup of tea. However, I saw an absolutely stunning black male at a dog obedience trial last year. He had a big wide head, lovely and boofy, and he was all-over glossy jet black and he was a real head turner.

Edited by GayleK

I didn't think the chocolate ones were more expensive?

If you go to a dodgy breeder they might be, but I think most lab breeders would sell all colours the same price.

Personally I prefer leggy and lean black labs.

Choc ones are cute but they are pretty common in my area, they went through a bit of a stage of being the new must- have dog to be seen with. Some of the temperaments on these dogs (presuambly got from bybs) are less than desirable imo.

I would like to have one lab of each colour and also one aussie of each colour :laugh:

So thats 7 dogs.....

maybe when i get rich lol

:laugh: 7 dogs thats a lot of mouths to feed, I wouldnt mind any colour if i got a lab and i have noticed byb sell chocolate ones for a lot more even the black ones which is just pointless i think like its just a colour.... but meh cant change some peoples minds can you. I like to stockier labs haha but thats just me maybe thats why i like the choccy ones :D and i want to name him cadbury :laugh: i have noticed some of the black ones tend to be stocky as well, there is one down the road from me he looks kinda evil when he stares at me haha but im sure he is just protecting his home.

Before we got our dogs, I wanted a chocolate lab, just love the colour. But when we bought our house with a small backyard and stairs, I knew we would have to downsize, so got a Field (or two) instead with similar colouring, just a different name (liver not chocolate).

Interesting though, when I was calling breeders asking about their dog, one man told me that chocolate labs weren't the best pick due to the colouring of their nose and went on to tell me that they are more prone to skin cancer because of it. :laugh:

The colour is actually Liver or Chocolate.

I think chocolate sounds more appealing than Liver though.........cos I'd sure rather a piece of chocolate over a piece of Liver anyday

:thumbsup:

Interesting though, when I was calling breeders asking about their dog, one man told me that chocolate labs weren't the best pick due to the colouring of their nose and went on to tell me that they are more prone to skin cancer because of it.

I've never heard that one before and as far as I'm aware, definately not true.

And......chocolate is the best....... :thumbsup:

Edited by MissMonaro

They are lovely dogs, but a number of guide dog organisations both in australia and internationally won't take them at all. For some reason they only take yellow and blacks.

I noticed that about the QLD breeding program, they only have yellow and black

Interesting though, when I was calling breeders asking about their dog, one man told me that chocolate labs weren't the best pick due to the colouring of their nose and went on to tell me that they are more prone to skin cancer because of it.

I've never heard that one before and as far as I'm aware, definately not true.

That's what I thought, especially when we ended up getting a dog with a similar colour. My only thought was that he was trying to steer us away from someone else's pups?

They are lovely dogs, but a number of guide dog organisations both in australia and internationally won't take them at all. For some reason they only take yellow and blacks.

I wonder why that is :thumbsup:

I think the choccies are gorgeous :thumbsup:

Before we got our dogs, I wanted a chocolate lab, just love the colour. But when we bought our house with a small backyard and stairs, I knew we would have to downsize, so got a Field (or two) instead with similar colouring, just a different name (liver not chocolate).

Interesting though, when I was calling breeders asking about their dog, one man told me that chocolate labs weren't the best pick due to the colouring of their nose and went on to tell me that they are more prone to skin cancer because of it. :thumbsup:

A good quality choc lab has a brown nose and not a pink or light colour nose

Edited by Mason2009