A$$ Hole With Foxy In Spearwood

kels84

First off the OP said the dog walked by her side then the OP changed this part of the story and said the dog ran around for exercise so I am now assuming the dog is allowed to travel well away from the OP whilst it is off leash :laugh:

This entire thread is ridiculous - Hey look at me I'm going to promote breaking the law every day and someone gets grumpy so I need to whinge or... certain breeds are horrible (even though I wouldnt know the breed if it bit me on the arse) to my illegal offlead dog. Smacks of one big beat up to me. No offence.

I totally agree....just that I made a mistake and confused the OP with mumtoshelley who doesn't get it.

The OP Kels84 does get it and has said she will be walking her dog on leash from now on.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Dog Owner walking your dog offlead in an onlead only area:

* You may think you're Cesar Milan and that your dog is perfectly trained, but how the hell do the rest of us know this? We're not telepathic and you and your dog look like every other owner and dog to us. Spare a thought for the rest of us and leash up.

* Its easy to tell whether or not your dog needs to be onlead.. if there's no "dogs allowed offlead" signs, assume a leash is required.

* Breed, size and age are not reasons that you don't have to obey the law. All dogs need to be leashed if required.

* If I had a dollar for every time an owner has said one of these lines, I'd be rich:

* He's never done that before.

* He's gentle/friendly/just wants to say hi... often said about some pilar erect, stiff legged dog attempting to dominate yours.

* He's just a puppy. Honey I don't care how old your dog is.. put it on a freakin lead.

* IF your dog does something it shouldn't, all dog owners will pay for your arrogance.

Dogs aren't robots. Even well trained ones can chase a cat, get a fright and end up in traffic by accident. For everyone's sake, stop feeling special and leash up. You might just stop people abusing you for breaking the law, but who knows, you might save your dogs life as well. How you consider yourselves to be above the law beats me. :)

And while you're at it, carry some bloody poo bags. Feeling "special" often seems to relate to that requirement too. You dog's shit is as offensive as anyone else's people - pick it up.

What a great post :laugh::cry:

Can I just point out that the OP has admitted to not realising her dog should have been on leash, has responsibly called the council and found out the rules and is now fully intending to leash her dog from now on unless it is a designated off leash area.

It is a different poster who called certain breeds horrible and doesn't see why her dog should be leashed.

Nice post Poodlefan!

Can I just point out that the OP has admitted to not realising her dog should have been on leash, has responsibly called the council and found out the rules and is now fully intending to leash her dog from now on unless it is a designated off leash area.

This is in the OP.

every body walks there dogs off lead even thou its not designated as an of lead area

She knew it wasnt designated as offlead.

Right or wrong, if some idiot got up in my face like that, he would've copped a smack to the head at the least.

Off leash dog - overreaction - yelling - overreaction - smack to the head.

Are you for real?

I have only got this far but I agree with hotfurball. Are you seriously for real?

So I am walking my extremely dog agressive, oversize, very fit Sibe on lead, who incidently was attacked by an off lead terrier as a puppy and you approach me with your elderly Rotti off lead :laugh::cry: My dog feels threatened and snaps at your dog. Thankfully your dog because of his size only requires 23 stitches, abs and a few drains, thankfully it wasn't a swf. Then you recieve the five hundred buck bill for his treatment, you're the sort of person who doesn't follow rules so god knows you aren't taking ANY responsibility for that bill. You report my dog to the council. What then?

Or

I am walking my extremely dog agressive, oversize, very fit Sibe on lead, who incidently was attacked by an off lead terrier as a puppy and you approach me with your elderly Rotti off lead :) :D I start sceaming at you to keep your dog away from mine because I sure as hell never want my dog laying a tooth on yours or any other. You smack me in the head for sceaming at you, my Sibe who is extremely protective of 'her' family lunges at you. I am still recovering from being hit but luckily she isn't human agressive so only glances your arm with her teeth. What then?

But of course what actually happens is I cross over to the other side of the road because I will protect my dogs at all costs but ............. why the hell should I have to, I aren't the one breaking the law, you are.

Right or wrong, if some idiot got up in my face like that, he would've copped a smack to the head at the least.

Off leash dog - overreaction - yelling - overreaction - smack to the head.

Are you for real?

So I am walking my extremely dog agressive, oversize, very fit Sibe on lead, who incidently was attacked by an off lead terrier as a puppy and you approach me with your elderly Rotti off lead :D :cry: My dog feels threatened and snaps at your dog. Thankfully your dog because of his size only requires 23 stitches, abs and a few drains, thankfully it wasn't a swf. Then you recieve the five hundred buck bill for his treatment, you're the sort of person who doesn't follow rules so god knows you aren't taking ANY responsibility for that bill. You report my dog to the council. What then?

Or

I am walking my extremely dog agressive, oversize, very fit Sibe on lead, who incidently was attacked by an off lead terrier as a puppy and you approach me with your elderly Rotti off lead :cry::) I start sceaming at you to keep your dog away from mine because I sure as hell never want my dog laying a tooth on yours or any other. You smack me in the head for sceaming at you, my Sibe who is extremely protective of 'her' family lunges at you. I am still recovering from being hit but luckily she isn't human agressive so only glances your arm with her teeth. What then?

But of course what actually happens is I cross over to the other side of the road because I will protect my dogs at all costs but ............. why the hell should I have to, I aren't the one breaking the law, you are.

:laugh::cry::) Very well put..... ;)

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Then YOU will get yelled at for crossing the road and being paranoid and breedist. God knows there have been enough threads on this forum about that scenario. It's never bloody ending. Sort of makes you bash your head against a brick wall, doesnt it.

I'd rather be thought of as paranoid and breedist than put my dog in danger.

Hey do you think if we try hard enough we can include every possible scenario in this one thread? :hug:

hahahahaha! stop it, please. no, hang on, it's put some humour in the thread. There was one earlier one that made me laugh so hard I sputtered my coffee, can't remember which. gaawd!

It does strike me as a bit odd though, every time there's a thread similar to this it seems to be a whole moan about nothing being the fault of whoever broke the law (and starts the thread) but all the fault of whoever they encountered. Is that human nature or what? :thanks:

It does strike me as a bit odd though, every time there's a thread similar to this it seems to be a whole moan about nothing being the fault of whoever broke the law (and starts the thread) but all the fault of whoever they encountered.

:thanks::hug::( So true.

I have a little dog who has been abused. She hates dogs in her face. I only walk her in onleash areas but we always get harassed by offeash dogs. When I see one approaching (no matter how well behaved) it is VERY stressful for me- will the dog approach us? If it does, when Lucy snaps, will it retaliate? Could I fight this dog off?
This sums up everything I have tried to say about my dog and offlead dogs. I have a breed known for being dog aggressive. Sure, he is a little guy and not one of the cliched " big bad breeds" but he could be a nasty little beast if I let him. The amount of people with off lead dogs that rush up to mine trailing an owner who says "its ok, he is friendly..." My dog has never attacked a dog before but damn he would like to! Only reason he hasnt is that I am aware of him and try to avoid any conflict. Guess what? after years of it I get angry and defensive as soon as I see an off lead dog. It becomes second nature to defend your dogs reputation from those who cant care less about their dogs.

I'm in the same position with my little JRT, Pip (another stereotypical horrible little JRT). She's fear aggressive and she doesn't like other dogs. When people with off lead dogs yell out and say "don't worry, my dog is friendly", I yell back and say "well mine isn't and I wouldn't like to see your dog get bitten, because this one will bite". It's stressful.

I'm in the same position with my little JRT, Pip (another stereotypical horrible little JRT). She's fear aggressive and she doesn't like other dogs. When people with off lead dogs yell out and say "don't worry, my dog is friendly", I yell back and say "well mine isn't and I wouldn't like to see your dog get bitten, because this one will bite". It's stressful.

It beggars belief, doesnt it. What on earth makes people think it's ok to yell out to a stranger - hey I'm doing the wrong thing here because my dog is good with other dogs. Then if your poor little anxious dog lunged at the approaching dog there'd be all hell to pay. Just shaking my head.

Edited by raz

It beggars belief, doesnt it. What on earth makes people think it's ok to yell out to a stranger - hey I'm doing the wrong thing here because my dog is good with other dogs. Then if your poor little anxious dog lunged at the approaching dog there'd be all hell to pay. Just shaking my head.

and then they tell you that it is your problem that your dog is aggressive and why should their dog be restricted? I get this all the time....

and then they tell you that it is your problem that your dog is aggressive and why should their dog be restricted? I get this all the time....

Story of my life... that's why I walk the dog at stupid o'clock, in places that I have already inspected and preferably where I can see people/dogs coming a mile off. It took a while to find some good haunts, but it was well worth it for our stress levels.

Story of my life... that's why I walk the dog at stupid o'clock, in places that I have already inspected and preferably where I can see people/dogs coming a mile off. It took a while to find some good haunts, but it was well worth it for our stress levels.

Hey join the club. How hard is it, though. I was about to take my dogs into the local dog park at stupid o'clock one morning when a woman called out - do you mind waiting for me to leave because my dog (giant breed) has anxiety problems. no biggy - I just sat and waited outside. She said the number of times people refused was just incredible, poor woman.

Clearly there's a whole class of dog owners that shun the light and the popular places to keep their dogs safe and their blood pressure under control.

Kind of sad isn't it... that the actions of the selfish and ignorant have driven people to this. :thumbsup:

It is very sad because if people obeyed the laws these dogs would be able to be walked at normal times in average places because all dogs would be under control. But no, the rules don't apply to me brigade, make that impossible. Makes me very mad.

In addition to suffering from the lack of sunlight, we also feel like an escaped fugitive constantly scanning the horizon and looking over our shoulders for dogs that are off leash!

For those who have well behaved dogs, we envy you but would appreciate your consideration for those of us who have to live with this level of anxiety day in and day out.

There is nothing more disheartening than rehabilitating your fear aggressive dog from an unpleasant dog encounter only to come across yet another dog off leash. It is one more set back to deal with.

While I might hope and think that the off lead dog next to his owner is not going to jump us, my dog doesn't know that and will become anxious every time he sees an off lead dog approaching him when he himself is on a lead and cannot escape. With a lot of assistance from a behaviourist and a great deal of courage from my dog, we can now walk past an off leash dog without my dog completely losing his head but it doesn't mean that he is not feeling fearful and anxious. I will cross the road to avoid putting him in this situation but this is not always possible if there is lots of traffic.

Not having a go at anyone but just putting up some very real scenarios for those with fear aggressive/DA dogs.

Hey join the club. How hard is it, though. I was about to take my dogs into the local dog park at stupid o'clock one morning when a woman called out - do you mind waiting for me to leave because my dog (giant breed) has anxiety problems. no biggy - I just sat and waited outside. She said the number of times people refused was just incredible, poor woman.

Yep, sad indeed. Obviously, there are many people who are just in it for themselves, stuff everyone else. I can imagine that woman would've been pleasantly surprised to have someone actually agree to wait.

For a while there walking the dog was not an enjoyable experience. I dreaded it. Thankfully it's very enjoyable now, but having the dog I have has taught me to have eyes in the back of my head and a mind that is always two steps ahead of trouble. There is no way I could get away with acting like a stunned deer in headlights, which is honestly what my natural reaction would be. At least I know that I'll never be one of those inconsiderate bastards who says, 'But she just wants to say hi!', no matter how friendly my dogs are.

Yep, sad indeed. Obviously, there are many people who are just in it for themselves, stuff everyone else. I can imagine that woman would've been pleasantly surprised to have someone actually agree to wait.

She cried. Can you believe that, Henrietta. She put her dog in the car and then came over and burst into tears. She was so desperate to do the right thing by her dog and had to walk him at 4am just so she wouldnt be in a potential horrible

situation with some arrogant bloody yuppie idiot. Really lovely lady and absolutely gorgeous dog.