Golden Retriever Size Dogs - Can You Recommend A Raincoat?

ZaliGirl

Just wondering if anyone has bought a raincoat that they think is worth recommending. I've seen lots of styles online but it's really hard to know what to be sure of. Zali is just under 6 months old but she is already pretty big so I thought it best to get her something that would fit a full sized female Golden and just pull it in a little for now. If you can give me a storename or even better, a link, I would be grateful. I have looked at dollar stores but their larges seem to be for small breeds as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Itsmeg here on DOL makes them in summer and winter weights and is selling them in the Members Marketplace. I don't think you have enough posts for there yet so why not PM Itsmeg instead. She makes them to size and colour options and is very reasonably priced.

• 1 month later...

Itsmeg here on DOL makes them in summer and winter weights and is selling them in the Members Marketplace. I don't think you have enough posts for there yet so why not PM Itsmeg instead. She makes them to size and colour options and is very reasonably priced.

THanks for this - I'm STILL looking for a raincoat. Can't seem to find anyone with a golden who can advise me on a size so maybe I'm alone here in looking for a raincoat. How many posts do I need to be able to look at the marketplace?

Very off topic but my (almost) 3 year old niece is named Zali :laugh: It's a beautiful name!

Yes it is beautiful - I was inspired by a student I taught.

Have you tried asking about dog measurements in the golden retriever thread? (In the breedsd subforum:))

Golden retrievers have a dense coat that do not usually require a rain coat as they tend to dry off pretty quickly.

My two do not seem to feel the cold at all. Actually I think that they would overheat if I put any kind of coat on them.

This might be why you have found that the golden owners have not been able to suggest a good coat.

If it helps you at all my girl is 70cm from her collar to the base of her tail.

Edited by cornell

THanks for this - I'm STILL looking for a raincoat. Can't seem to find anyone with a golden who can advise me on a size so maybe I'm alone here in looking for a raincoat. How many posts do I need to be able to look at the marketplace?

Not sure, but you could just PM Meg directly ;)

If this is any help,. a friend with a Flat Coat Retriever bought a Prestige ThermoMaster Supreme coat, size 22 inches. prestigepetproducts.com.au , look for your local stockist. I also use them on my Lagotti, smaller size.

Not sure, but you could just PM Meg directly ;)

:D Or there's these

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/220039-xl-raincoats-auction-7/

And the money goes to PACERS :)