Help Me Find This Cruel Person Who Drowned The Kelpie Pups At The Sale

BMAK

Bonno is a lucky kelpie pup who was saved from being drowned to his death before his life had even started he is now looking for a forever home but this is his story..

Two kelpie pups were drowned at a sale/stock yard as they did not sell that day and bonno was going to be his third, because this person didn't want to take them back to tamworth.

Bonno was about to take his last breath before being hesitantly saved.

This man should be charged and put on goal for life and not allowed to touch animals again.

What this person did was not only wrong on so many level but animal cruelty at it's worst, two defenceless young pups.

The lady who saved bonno, does not wish to speak up to any one not even me or the rescue for reason i do not know o this is where my road ends...

so if anyone goes to these sale yards in NSW please help find who did this!!!!

If anyone works for a newspaper company please try to get Bonno's story printed to help raise awearness about Animal crulty right before our eyes, it may be too late to catch this man but i can only try and do what i feel is right but need support, one lady has already said she would help so would like to get this wagon rolling and try to find out who did this with the lady who saved bonnos life or not.

16iwqaw.jpg5ldim0.jpg

HELP ME FIND WHO DID THIS..

Edited by catherine.b

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there. Do you have the lady who saved this pups contact details? I work for the newspapers so I might be able to write a story for the local Tamworth paper "Central" - I cant make any promises but I can atleast try.

if you give me this womans details I might be able to find out why she doesnt want this guy named (she could actually fear for her life - depending on the type of man this guy is) so she might not be willing to talk.

PM me.

It's a terrible thing I agree, but I guess some people don't regard dogs as highly as we do - to them they are easily disposable.

Can I just ask that you remove the 'p' word from the title and change it to something more appropriate like: @$%!! as we have young people on this forum and everyone will know what you mean.

You need to find out if it is true before going global with it.

true ? what do you mean ?

Do you have real proof that this happened not just the word of someone who doesn't want to speak to anyone about it? Are you sure it is not just a story to cover the getting rid of a pup?

If it is true it is disgusting and I hope the person is found

Edityed because I had the wrong quote.

Edited by Janba

You need to find out if it is true before going global with it.

true ? what do you mean ?

Do you have real proof that this happened not just the word of someone who doesn't want to speak to anyone about it? Are you sure it is not just a story to cover the getting rid of a pup?

yes this is what I meant

Why dont you contact a few stock agents in the area who use the sale yards or around Tamworth. They are very knowledgeable men when it comes to who lives where and who does what. They always have their ear to the ground so to speak!

HELP ME FIND WHO DID THIS..

Catherine B,

Have you approached the NSW police?

If a crime has been committed it is the police who have the job of finding the person.

There could have been a number of Tamworth people with kelpies and utes at a saleyard.

I do not agree with what this person did, but I do not agree with witchhunts being hatched on the internet either.

There are some very strange and malevolent people using the internet these days.

Souff

yes because rescue and myself made this horrific story up.. :thanks:

and anyone who would make up such a thing it would be just as selfish, and cruel.

The whole point of this is to find out as much information and to raise awearness that animal cruelty is happening right infront of us and atleast get some information on why somebody would do such a cold hearted thing.

With little or no information i don't think i will actually find this person so it wouldn't be a "witchhunt" but i can at least try to get some info, and with the lady who won't talk to anybody or carry further on it would be difficult to get the police involved if she won't help - she is intitled to that if she fears for her safety or if she attends regulary to these sale yards, but it just doesn't register that she wouldn't call the cops on such a horrific act to kill innocent animals which would have been the right thing to do after she got the pup or at least taken his rego down if he is from tamworth there is not much chance he would be down here often..

I Don't mean to sound rude and i sure wouldn't be posting stories like thisif i didn't think it was true and i know rescue wouldn't lie about such a act..

to raise awareness that animal cruelty is happening right in front of us and at least get some information on why somebody would do such a cold hearted thing.

I think that most people in the area you describe would be very aware that this kind of thing happens . The only difference I see is that this alleged drowning took place in a public place.

My thoughts would be that there are many pups killed in this manner ,all over the country.

This man perhaps was hoping for the money from his litter .. desperately, perhaps. With no sales .. why would he then want to take them home again? If he took them to a vet to be euth'd , he would be charged a reasonable amount - which he maybe could not/did not want to pay. Leaving at a pound may have meant he would have been seen, and had to pay fees.

NOT condoning the act - just trying to think of his reasoning .

being cruel? I guess he may just not see dogs/pups as important ..he is possibly not an evil man- just a product of past generations .

he could have done things differently - the poor pups could have crossed the bridge much more humanely - it is sad , however I would bet my right arm that he is not the only one who disposed of unsold pups that day.

I found a whole litter of pups floating down the river up here. They were all dead.

It happens, because most farmers dont desex their working dogs, so they constantly have pups.

There are lots of slae yards around the area, so the chance of finding who did it is pretty slim.

Persephone is right ... It's very sad but unfortunately working dogs are culled very, very regularly. If you read the Tony Parsons book, he even specifically praises one of the breeders for regular culling of dogs that are unsuitable for work. I'd like to think that if it happens it only takes place when the litters are very young for health reasons but if you take a look at the webpage for Riana (a well-known working Kelpie Stud), you'll see this line:

Dogs that do not head cleanly and properly are never retained or bred from in the Riana Kelpie Stud. We do not keep or distribute our culls, preferring to keep and only sell the best of our Kelpies.

A dog has to be a certain age before you know whether or not it can "head cleanly and properly" so presumably they are talking about young pups that are at least several months old. If they're not keeping or distributing culls, they must be terminating them. Some breeders will sell dogs that are unsuitable for work (but are otherwise healthy) as pets but it would seem that this is a practice that isn't really approved of and termination would be far more common. It seems a shame that that so many otherwise beautiful, healthy and lovable dogs die this way but this is the selection process for many working dogs ... I would hope that they use humane and relatively painless methods to terminate the dogs but no one really monitors these things ...

Edited by koalathebear

It seems a shame that that so many otherwise beautiful, healthy and lovable dogs die this way but this is the selection process for many working dogs ... I would hope that they use humane and relatively painless methods to terminate the dogs but no one really monitors these things ...

It is the same for racing greyhounds, they breed litter after litter, and then the pups that are no good are culled... I don't know the figures but imagine it would be very high :laugh:

At least in the greyhound industry they have brought in laws about humane killing of the dogs, I have heard that there are still some trainers out there that don't follow the laws but hopefully most of them do.

I have two rescued greyhounds, Ryan was only 16 months old when dumped at a Sydney pound with 4 other young greyhounds, one can only assume that none of them were fast enough.

And my mum for most of her life had purebred, registered working kelpies, but her last kelpie was not purebred or registered, just one that she saved because Tess was no good as a worker and her owner was going to shoot her :D

It seems a shame that that so many otherwise beautiful, healthy and lovable dogs die this way but this is the selection process for many working dogs ... I would hope that they use humane and relatively painless methods to terminate the dogs but no one really monitors these things ...

It is the same for racing greyhounds, they breed litter after litter, and then the pups that are no good are culled... I don't know the figures but imagine it would be very high :laugh:

At least in the greyhound industry they have brought in laws about humane killing of the dogs, I have heard that there are still some trainers out there that don't follow the laws but hopefully most of them do.

I have two rescued greyhounds, Ryan was only 16 months old when dumped at a Sydney pound with 4 other young greyhounds, one can only assume that none of them were fast enough.

And my mum for most of her life had purebred, registered working kelpies, but her last kelpie was not purebred or registered, just one that she saved because Tess was no good as a worker and her owner was going to shoot her :D

Its how I got my first Kelpie. She was the last left and showing no signs of instinct and was headed for a bucket of water :D

It is very common out in the country. Those with orders will only keep enough pups to fill the order, and those who dont bother to desex their working dogs have a constant flow of puppies. It is certainly not ideal.

Hopefully drugs such as superlorine to castrate male dogs temporarily can be advertised more readily to stop this from happening.

I agree with Gillybob that the chances of finding the person would be pretty slim - Tamworth is a city and the surrounding areas are vast, this fellow could be anywhere and unfortunately this sort of thing is not unusual at all in the country. Leelaa 17 - the local paper is not called the "Central" although that is one of the hotels!