What Would You Want To See At A Community Dog Event?

ruthless

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What happened to MEH's post about stripping?

This is a great idea. There are some really amazing strippers who are showies. I'd pay to see them strip their terriers.

That could be taken so out of context for a non dog person :thumbsup: However as an owner of shorthaired breed grooming demonstrations on various breeds would really facinate me :laugh:

Edited by Dust Angel

My sister and I got very excited by free spoons (that you could get engraved for a fee) at the last event we went to in Brisbane but it was all cramped together in the hot sun around the stage and it was all too much for one of my dogs so we went and played in the shade.

I'd really love to go to an event that was a bit more homestyle/homemade fete type event. I can go to the shops and corporate events for all the regular stuff but would love to be exposed to some new products including homemade toys, collars, leashes, clothes, blankies, beds, grooming products, treats. I am likely to spend more money too when I see kind of original stuff. One idea I've always had for a stall is to either make your own tuggy or ask for a tuggy to be made up on the spot in the colours you want. There are so many different style of tuggy and the strands could be cut in advance and it might be something cute for kids to do as well? Or even for kids you could do the old cover a doggy cupcake stall? Things like that would be easy fundraisers for say a rescue group.

We've lost the fun feel at a lot of these events and we all seem to go home with brochures and other shite that is only suitable for the bin.

This is a great idea. There are some really amazing strippers who are showies. I'd pay to see them strip their terriers.

That could be taken so out of context for a non dog person :) However as an owner of shorthaired breed grooming demonstrations on various breeds would really facinate me ;)

Oh damn what a shame. Stripping is amazing and seeing what they can do to a dog is quite incredible.

Last year The Siberian Husky Club of NSW held an Info Day at Nurragingy reserve.

It was a great success, we set up around the area like a mini expo.

We had Gazebos and flyers on Sledding, show, grooming, rescue, agility, puppies, training, behaviour

problems, health issues and obedience.

Between all our members that came there was someone that could answer any question.

It looked really good, and we helped a lot of people.

Though this was breed specific, I thought some of the ideas might help.

Specialty stalls ...

Yes - like stalls that sell specialty dog training books - not of the sort you'd pick up in an ordinary book store, but of the sort that you'd only or mainly find on-line. And natural remedy stalls. These are the sort of stalls that our Melbourne Expo used to have, until they made the stall holding fee so high that many of these people dipped out. Prior to that it was great to shop the 'old fashioned way' where you could look, take a peek, feel ..... and still these things were sold at a good value price.

I live in a fairly isolated region, one where purebred dogs do not abound, i would be really interested to meet dogs on my "one day list" and speak to owners/trainers/breeders/enthusiasts in an informal setting. Id also enjoy speaking to people involved in various aspects of dog training and competition.

That could be taken so out of context for a non dog person :) However as an owner of shorthaired breed grooming demonstrations on various breeds would really facinate me ;)

Oh damn what a shame. Stripping is amazing and seeing what they can do to a dog is quite incredible.

I get the impression you think I was having a dig. I was not, as indicated, I would be fascinated to see such a demonstration. My apologies if my misguided and immature sense of humour has once again led me astray and I blame the email I recently received in regards to things a horse person should not say in public and the parrallels i drew from that.

I get the impression you think I was having a dig.

What? I was simply disappointed that MEH's suggestion of a stripping demo was removed. I thought it was a good suggestion, especially because I have a traditionally stripped breed.

I get the impression you think I was having a dig.

What? I was simply disappointed that MEH's suggestion of a stripping demo was removed. I thought it was a good suggestion, especially because I have a traditionally stripped breed.

:) Wrong thread ;)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=218353 ;)

:) oh thanks meg. I knew I saw the stripping suggestion somewhere. It takes on a whole different meaning now :D

Edited by raz

At Darwin's Pet Expo there is an engraver who will do dog/cat tags. I go to it every year just for that. Local Councils should also be there promoting their dog laws and registration.

Advertise for strippers without being specific, and there might be a whole different clientele going to look, who may or may not be disappointed :)

Advertise for strippers without being specific, and there might be a whole different clientele going to look, who may or may not be disappointed :)

Nawww stop that! Terrier people know what stripping means, Caff.

i agree with most so far hahha grooming demos would be awesome - show pet owners whats really involved in grooming a god, also have brushing demos to teach people good coat care

showbags with real stuff in them not brochures!! Good bowls and leads and what not

Room is a biggy and i like the homemade sort of feel as well... i dont want to see hill sd and royal canin and rspca i wanna see breed rescue groups - shout out to my beagle rescue crew!! i would love for the crafty people on dol to get out and sell their photos and leads and jackets and tugs!!

showbags with real stuff in them not brochures!! Good bowls and leads and what not

Are you saying you want showbags with "good bowls and leads and what not" in them (ie real stuff) ? Those sort of things aren't cheap and are big give away expectations :laugh: .

Or perhaps I misread the way you've written :D .

The Sebastian dog bowls.

yes! I will travel hours for these! I went to the Sydney Expo ages ago just to get one of these! OT, but does anyone know where you can get them?? I need more! mine are all broken :laugh:

The Sebastian dog bowls.

yes! I will travel hours for these! I went to the Sydney Expo ages ago just to get one of these! OT, but does anyone know where you can get them?? I need more! mine are all broken :laugh:

Phone number for Studio Sebastian is in a post on Page 1 or 2 of this thread. Apparently he is based in Tassie now.