Lure Coursing, Not Whippets This Time

Kirislin

Great pics (as always!). Thanks so much for sharing - very drool-worthy indeed!!

Oh, and no, there's no separate deerie or 'zoi thread, we tend to be all lurking about in the sighthound thread!! :(

Edited by Alyosha

I wouldn't know what I would do with one other than love it and watch it all the time while gushing, but I think Borzoi are one of the more beautiful dogs of this world and when they are in flight they are amazing. Great photos as usual Kirislin.

thanks everyone. I really enjoyed seeing them run, especially as I dont even think I've ever seen one off the lead before. I just about saw my life flash before my eyes one time though, those two big deeries were running back down to their owner when they decided to take a turn and head directly for me. Luckily they veered off at the last minute. :shrug:

Here's a few more pics from the day since we hardly ever see pics of these dogs, well I dont anyway.

5608791232_8ccc438f6d_b.jpg

5608088515_24ca3c76c2_b.jpg5608088507_424d24a2b5_b.jpg5608088495_9c002f9913_b.jpg5608088489_cbd60a1d8c_b.jpg5608088483_f8fb11dc60_b.jpg5608088475_e251e3c49d_b.jpg

Terrific shots. I've got goose bumps looking at them.

I know Deerhounds are big dogs, but that 2nd last one gives a good indication of just how big.

No wonder your life was flashing before your eyes!

One very brave photographer!

PS Kirislin, your Woods Point chook photos are an even stronger indication of your heroics in the line of fire ...

Edited by libbylewis

thanks everyone. I really enjoyed seeing them run, especially as I dont even think I've ever seen one off the lead before. I just about saw my life flash before my eyes one time though, those two big deeries were running back down to their owner when they decided to take a turn and head directly for me. Luckily they veered off at the last minute. :)

:cheers: yeah it's always a tough decision: stand still and hope they go around you or move and hope they don't dodge in the same direction. I'm trying to convince dad to build a lure machine for our two since we moved away from our local club. They look so fantastic in full flight.

Libbylewis - they are the perfect patting height for the lazy person. No need to bend down!! unfortunately it also means they are at crotch height when they want an ear rub :cheer:

thanks everyone. I really enjoyed seeing them run, especially as I dont even think I've ever seen one off the lead before. I just about saw my life flash before my eyes one time though, those two big deeries were running back down to their owner when they decided to take a turn and head directly for me. Luckily they veered off at the last minute. :)

:cheers: yeah it's always a tough decision: stand still and hope they go around you or move and hope they don't dodge in the same direction. I'm trying to convince dad to build a lure machine for our two since we moved away from our local club. They look so fantastic in full flight.

Libbylewis - they are the perfect patting height for the lazy person. No need to bend down!! unfortunately it also means they are at crotch height when they want an ear rub ;)

:cheer:

Thanks for the warning!