Standard Fence + Invisible Fence

I know the topic of invisible fencing has been done already, and i've just read a few old threads but didn't find an answer to my question.

We're wanting to add a dog to our family once we move house, but our new place, on 2 sides of the yard (front and 1 side) only has rib high picket fencing. We're not wanting to modify the existing fence, and OH and I are finding that most of the breeds we are considering, *may* want to try scaling the shorter fences.

We'll be semi rural and potential to want to chase rabbits etc is there, so I was wondering if adding an invisible fence system (http://www.thedogline.com.au/Radio-dog-fence-escaping-dogs) as well as the existing fence would work?

I'm think we'd work on training a puppy with this while still too small to scale the fence and hopefully all would be okay by the time the pup is bigger. Of course we'd secure the dog in the times we are not home/night time, it would just be for added security in the day time when we're home.

So now that I have sufficiently rambled away :laugh: do you think it could work?

Edited by Lillynix

A friend uses a fence like this and thinks it is great. He doesn't even have a physical fence, just the electronic one. Most of the comments I've heard about them are fairly positive. You seem to get the odd dog that they don't work for. Not sure what age you can train a puppy. K9 Pro sells them so you could drop him a PM.

My fences are only about rib height, normal farm fence height and they keep my border collies in. It doesn't seem to occur to them that they should get out.