How And When Do Your Dogs Go To Bed?

shyfig

Riley goes to bed when I go to bed, which can be anywhere between 9pm and 1am.

I say "Riley out for a wee", he goes outside, wee's, comes back in and then I put his bed on the floor next to my bed, and he goes to sleep. Then he stays there until I get up, somethings longer as he's lazy :)

My two are the same...except mine are up and waiting for me to get out of bed before I am awake, let them out to pee and give them breakfast and then for their morning walk. Often I wake up to dog eyes in my face :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My spoo probably sleeps 18-20 hours a day but she goes to bed when we do, which is around 10pm on weeknights. She will sleep through undisturbed until morning when we wake up. When she was a pup she slept in her crate by our bed, but now just sleeps uncrated anywhere she likes in our bedroom (her bed, her blanket, or just on the floor). The bedroom door is open and she is free to roam but never has. She's a good dog :)

Our 2 dogs go to bed when I do. (8pm at latest I get up at 3am) They generally sleep on the bottom of my bed at my feet. (have also been known to 'nose the doona' so they can go under) They also have a doggy door so just go and do wees when they want. Blister has also been known to bring a squeaky toy back in with her when she comes back in :)

And on weekends when I can sleep in, If either of us humans do a stretch or a yawn, dogs sit on our chest waiting for us to wake up so we can walk them. I love waking up to a dog staring down at you - NOT.

But I learnt that when you lose a dog, it's the annoying habits they had that you miss the most - so when I get woken up by them staring at me I just think how lucky I am

Akira and Halo must go to bed when we go to bed. Sometimes they go earlier (normally Akira, though Halo put herself to bed last night). Last night we went to bed at 10pm, and Akira put herself to bed at 9pm and Halo put herself to bed at 9:30pm. Akira sleeps under the bed, Halo sleeps in her crate. They both sleep until 6:30 weekdays and until 7-8am on weekends. We have a doggy door, so Akira can take herself out to the toilet whenever she wants, but as Halo is crated she needs to wake us up.

Edited by whiskedaway

Both my dogs sleep on the bed with me.

Emmy usually waits till I go to sleep before she settles down, but Charlie is already sleeping in his bed by 9pm (usually after dinner)... he doesn't move from his bed till i say 'Bedtime' and then gets up, walks into the bedroom, waits for me to put him on the bed, where he gets himself comfortable and continues snoring. He doesn't get out of bed till I make him (now that it's colder now.. that's not going to happen till 5 minutes before I leave to work). Charlie doesn't function well before 10am :thumbsup:

Emmy is up when I'm up and asleep when I'm sleeping.