Could This Be The Crate For My Bc?

shyfig

I have tried to do searches for previous threads on this topic but I don't think I'm doing it right. Ending up with about a thousand threads and having to go into each one to see if there is anything relevant :thumbsup:

So....I need to get a crate for my boy for sleeping at night. Can any other BC owners recommend a size and type to get?

Edited by shyfig

my 40 kilo greyhound, 78 cms tall, sleeps in a 42 inch crate, you could fit 2 BC in one that large.

Yup. My Ridgeback still has plenty of room in his 42" crate. Actually he prefers to cram himself into the old 36" and does so regularly :thumbsup:

I'd think a 36" wire crate or a M/L soft crate would be fine for a BC.

Kenzie has a 36" crate that she sometimes uses! Plenty big for her. I don't know what sort it is, but it is metal wire and completely - she managed to lift ones that don't have bottoms and she learnt to open soft ones (clever cheeky munchkin!!). I got it off ebay for about $70 and it has been great.

In the photo she was 12 months old.

post-34437-1302953957_thumb.jpg

Kenzie has a 36" crate that she sometimes uses! Plenty big for her. I don't know what sort it is, but it is metal wire and completely - she managed to lift ones that don't have bottoms and she learnt to open soft ones (clever cheeky munchkin!!). I got it off ebay for about $70 and it has been great.

Oh good to see a photo....that really helps. My boy is just 12 mths old now. It doesn't look like a lot of room to spare but I have read that they feel safer in more compact spaces. Would you agree?

I didn't see the cat in the crate until I clicked on the photo to make it bigger. How cute. I wish my Jed and 2 cats got on.

Edited by shyfig

Oh good to see a photo....that really helps. My boy is just 12 mths old now. It doesn't look like a lot of room to spare but I have read that they feel safer in more compact spaces. Would you agree?

I didn't see the cat in the crate until I clicked on the photo to make it bigger. How cute. I wish my Jed and 2 cats got on.

She actually has quite a bit of space, the cat was taking up too much at that time!! She usually curls up when she sleeps and she only takes up max 1/2 the crate, probably 1/3 really. And she can also sleep stretched out completely. If I put her in a drop position in the crate she probably still has 25cm of empty space. If you'd like a clearer photo let me know!

I know my boy is not a Bc, Orlando is a whippet which are about the same size, he has a 36" crate but always gets himself into the Papps crate which is a 24" I do have some pic's I should dig up, it is quite funny the posie's he is in the small crate :thumbsup: . A Whippet breeder I know puts 2 whippy's in a 36" with still room for them.

Saw this on ebay...very interested for Jed. Wondering if I could have some opinions size wise. Trying to get around specifications for each size is doing my head in. This particularly looks "destruction proof". Jed's 12 mths old...about 69cm tall (to the top of his head), about 80cm long from bottom to tip of nose lying down (not counting tail). Note the height measurement is 70cm from bottom of floor (not ground).

I like the fact that it is should be really strong (eating proof) and on wheels so I could move it around easily if needed. Would only be using it for sleeping and a quite place for him.

I know it's considerably more expensive than a wire crate....but I just know he would find a way to destroy/ dismantle a wire one.

Click here to see on ebay

Edited by shyfig

Saw this on ebay...very interested for Jed. Wondering if I could have some opinions size wise. Trying to get around specifications for each size is doing my head in. This particularly looks "destruction proof". Jed's 12 mths old...about 69cm tall (to the top of his head), about 80cm long from bottom to tip of nose lying down (not counting tail). Note the height measurement is 70cm from bottom of floor (not ground).

I like the fact that it is should be really strong (eating proof) and on wheels so I could move it around easily if needed. Would only be using it for sleeping and a quite place for him.

I know it's considerably more expensive than a wire crate....but I just know he would find a way to destroy/ dismantle a wire one.

Click here to see on ebay

The size is fine. But I don't think that it would be much different in terms of strength than a wire crate.. Would also be PITA to have to fold up/transport.

If you want something nice and strong that will last forever go for one of these: http://www.ccrates.com.au/store/index.htm All purpose crate in an AP4 or AP5.

or http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SOLID-STEEL-DOG-CRA...=item2eb0491b3a

..don't forget to measure your dog from top of head to floor when SITTING .... also the measurement top of head to pawtips when lying on his side :)

Oh...didn't think of top of head to pawtips!