Ouch! Puppy Teeth Sure Are Sharp Little Buggers!

Nadine83

Guest Panzer Attack!
CW EW- Ouch!

Stonecutter- Yes, she is gentle with mouthing but we yelp when she mouths us or our clothes and that stops her. We then redirect her to her toys.

LOL, I wish that yelping would stop Scooter, it just revs him up even more! His mouth is getting softer tho, I let him chew on my hands a bit this morning to test it. Thank goodness!

He got me on the nose the other day too, out of nowhere, leapt like a dolphin and chomp! No blood, and he withdrew sooo quickly when he realised what he'd done. He also got me on the finger when we were playing tug, and I bled probably one drop of blood cos he's so small.

Puppies!!!!!

*goes to look up training in drive*

her daddy went to China for a week and so she took out her frustraton on me ... hey it is working though I took one off to reposition it and the ear was up, floppy at the tip while she ran but it's working! Don't worry I added more glue as payback :vomit:

Telling my puppy 'ow!' didn't really do much. So I would be playing roughly with him, which he looooves, then as soon as he hurt me I would say 'ow' and then freeze and ignore him for 10 seconds. Then the game would continue and I would repeat as needed.

Another thing I did was when he tried to take half my finger along with treats, I would pull my hand back with the treat. He is very food motivated, so he got that one quickly too.

He is 9 months today, and he has a VERY soft mouth, he hasn't hurt me for months.

Tell me about it. My fingers are absolutely throbbing when I come home from dog training. Kyojin and I aren't coordinated enough for me to drop treats above his head for him to catch. Instead I get overly enthusiastic ginormous Akita chompers snatching frankies out of my hands.

• 1 month later...

I had my first puppy biting experience this morning. Think its something to do with how he went to puppy preschool for the first time and thinks its now okay to play nip? My "ouch!" didn't get much reaction, going to have to try the freeze tactic, else walk away.

When my cocker was just a baby I was teaching heal by leading her with food in my hand. Once I was finished I realised that I had dripped blood all over the concrete from all the little nips I'd gotten! Hurt like hell!!!!