I Lost 2 Dogs Today

Remarkabull

:) I am so sorry for your tragic loss. My heart is breaking for you all, especially your children. All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rest easy over the rainbow bridge Jazz and Odie :(

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for your traumatic loss. May you and your family find peace about this.

RIP both dogs.

as for why... sometimes we just need to accept that dogs are dogs and we humans cannot truely comprehend what happens in these situations.

blessings

Helen

So true. :D

My heart breaks for you.

:) Sorry, I just found this thread, and Helen & Trish have spoken my thoughts already.

Hugs to your family, each day will take a layer of the pain away, perhaps do something special as a family to remember your dogs - a tree planting or special outing, maybe buying some plaques or lovely garden statue.

fifi

This topic is so heartbreaking, I am really sorry it has happened.

There is no infallible way to ensure the pets that we have will always get along with each other, lots of things we can try, efforts we can make, but there are some instincts in some dogs that cannot always be controlled and they can affect behaviour when there are circumstances we cannot control. The power that large dogs have mean that consequences can be harsh.

I give you my sympathy, I really feel for you and your family that this has happened to you. :cheer:

Oh DR I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP to your beautiful Odie and to Jazz.

I truly hope your family are able to come to terms with the loss. I agree with another poster's comment about considering counselling for the children. Children are amazingly skilled at finding reasons why they are at fault.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

that's awful. I'm so sorry for you.

Were there no warning signs between these two? It just seems crazy that this could come out of the blue. :laugh:

Absolutely nothing different at all. Jazz was DA with other dogs but not ours. We called her a cranky old bitch because she would grumble at all of our dogs occasionally but would never go looking to start anything. She would occasionally snap at Acheron (1yr old Dobe - entire male) but he just ignored her or kept annoying her because he thought it was a game.

Odie was the last dog of ours that would annoy her in any way. He pretty much ignored her most of the time because she wouldn't play with him.

It is awful when your own dogs fight, this I know

and when you make a mistake and it ends in shock and disaster.

I am sorry for your loss of Odie.

But I do not understand why you killed Jazz.

Way to kick her when she's down lilli. Sheesh.

You think that's a kick?

It's a question about a situation the OP put to a forum.

I'm interested to know if Jazzy changed or the OP's perception of Jazzy changed.

My friend is removing a 10 month female because it almost killed an older dog - eventhough my friend knew the bitch's genetic potential / predisposition from the outset.

These scenarios and the ruminations of the dog's owners interest me.

What you call a kick I call data collection.

Edited by lilli

Way to kick her when she's down lilli. Sheesh.

You think that's a kick?

It's a question about a situation the OP put to a forum.

I'm interested to know if Jazzy changed or the OP's perception of Jazzy changed.

My friend is removing a 10 month female because it almost killed an older dog - eventhough my friend knew the bitch's genetic potential / predisposition from the outset.

These scenarios and the ruminations of the dog's owners interest me.

What you call a kick I call data collection.

That may be so but using emotive words like "kill" is NOT necessary :eek: