4 Pitbulls Maul Us Woman To Death

samoyedman

Doit4thedogs you seriously just posted 4 times the exact same thing.

We have a right to fight for the name of the breed we love. Just like everyone has the right to fight for the things they love.

GSD, Dobermans and Rotties have been banned in the past and called all sorts of horrible things and yet after many years all of those breeds are now accepted and loved by many.

The Apbt is a working dog and is still being actively 'tested' and bred for gameness in this country.

APBT's are not being bred for anything in this country because it is illegal to import them so there are no fresh lines coming in. I doubt you will find a real purebred APBT in this country.

They are not for the average family, they are not a 'kids' dog, and they are not a off-lead follow me around the trailer park bogan dog.

Funny lots of "average" families in America own these dogs just fine. FYI they were known as the Nanny dog for a very long time in the US, they got that name for a reason.

And that is all I can really be bothered saying. Everything has been said so please refer back to mine and others previous posts.

Now Joe is right. SOme of you do have your heads in the clouds.

So how do you plan to get the Apbt loved and accepted by society? When the world over it has a long running reputation?

And statements like this:

- Not being bred for anything.

- No fresh lines

- No real APBTS

What are these statements based on? The fanatasy of an ideal world? Take off them rosey red glasses. These statements would also be offensive to the Apbt community in Australia especially those who've been into the breed for decades.

Alot of average families in the USA own the breed? well look at the state of the breed in the USA, banned in how many states. The breeding also coming in how many shapes, sizes and forms. Look at the situation in Australia, don't compare us to the USA. there are a whole of differences between the australian and american people and australian and american pitbulls. Also your nanny dog statement is just plain ignorant. Just because a dog may be 'good' around children it doesnt mean it's suitable as a children's dog. It's ideas like these that add to the problem. Treating the Apbt like an average dog, something it is not. Peolpe who know the breed know it is not your average dog and shouldn't be treated that way.

LMAO seriously.

As already mentioned several breeds have previously been banned and their reputation has been terrible and yet here they stand now as much loved dogs. It may take a while but it will eventually happened like it has in the past. And we have the right to fight for that. You certainly do not have the right to tell us what we can and cannot fight for. If we choose to own the breed and fight for it's reputation then that is our prerogative and that is our right so stop telling us we should just accept it and move on.

I am sure there are still some people in Aus in the ACT and NT who breed decent dogs but with the breed so restricted and the fact you cannot import it makes it very hard to breed for anything specific because you can only work with what you have. If any APBT people are offended by what I have said let them come here and tell me themselves.

No dog in my eyes is suitable as a childs dog, children should not own dogs, sure in conjunction with a parent/adult they can help but as far as I am concerned they shouldn't own their own dog who is completely left up to them to take care of, exercise and train.

I am not treating the APBT as an average dog, I never said that, I never said just anyone should own this breed. Read back through my posts, I have already said all dog owners should have to go through certainly licensing etc before owning a dog. If we were tighter in controlling who breeds dogs then you would have responsible breeders who know their breed selling dogs to people who they think have what it takes to own that breed.

Yeah sure it is banned in many counties/states but there are a lot of counties/states in America, there are still a lot of areas who allow Pitties. There are still alot of regular families who own them. Do some research they are still a much loved breed in America by people in and out of the banned areas. BSL has already been abolished in some places due to the ineffectiveness of the legislation and due to people fighting against it.

So whether or not you approve I will continue to fight for this breed and their right to live the same as every other breed of dog on the planet and for my right to own them and love them.

Laugh away. People laugh to hide their sorrows...

So how do you plan on improving it's reputation?

The statements you made about no REAL Apbts, no fresh lines to develop the gene pool, and not being bred for anything are just ignorant. Don't confuse and misinform others with your 'internet' research. There are many REAL apbts in this country, many strong bloodlines and many being bred for work. Maybe your dogs, the ones on this forum and those you've met have none of those qualities but don't speak for everyone. And trust me there are ways about getting things into the country.

No dogs are to be left solemnly in the care of children. So are just more suitable and less of a risk. These nanny dog comments are foolish and misinforms people into thinking they can leave a dog to run free with the children unsupervised. Something you shouldn't dog with dogs let alone an Apbt. Do you think to average family know the history of the dogs? the capabilities of the dogs and what to expect from them?

And pit bulls in America? Don't even go there. Another brainwashed America follower? That is one country we don't want to be like. The breed as a whole in it's home country is a mess. You have extremes in all forms and a whole lot of rubbish. There may be some SHOW-bred pitbulls and american bullies which are more placid and easy to handle thus may be more suitable for families. These type of dogs would be more similar to the Amstaff. The breed in the USA can range from genuine gamebred and sporting dogs, to show dogs, bully dogs, and everything in between plus a whole lot of BYB random bred dogs. In some areas the pounds are filled with them and yes they are banned or restricted in many cities, regions, etc. So you think this a country we should follow?

I know of some very true to type apbt, i love them... in the right hands they are everything that anyone could wish for in a dog. In the average can't be bothered to exercise/train my dog home they're perhaps not suitable, it all depends on the individual dog and how it's been bred etc.. but this goes for all breeds of dogs.

Gotta agree with what Robbi says 100%

The statements you made about no REAL Apbts, no fresh lines to develop the gene pool, and not being bred for anything are just ignorant. Don't confuse and misinform others with your 'internet' research. There are many REAL apbts in this country, many strong bloodlines and many being bred for work. Maybe your dogs, the ones on this forum and those you've met have none of those qualities but don't speak for everyone. And trust me there are ways about getting things into the country.

No dogs are to be left solemnly in the care of children. So are just more suitable and less of a risk. These nanny dog comments are foolish and misinforms people into thinking they can leave a dog to run free with the children unsupervised. Something you shouldn't dog with dogs let alone an Apbt. Do you think to average family know the history of the dogs? the capabilities of the dogs and what to expect from them?

And pit bulls in America? Don't even go there. Another brainwashed America follower? That is one country we don't want to be like. The breed as a whole in it's home country is a mess. You have extremes in all forms and a whole lot of rubbish. There may be some SHOW-bred pitbulls and american bullies which are more placid and easy to handle thus may be more suitable for families. These type of dogs would be more similar to the Amstaff. The breed in the USA can range from genuine gamebred and sporting dogs, to show dogs, bully dogs, and everything in between plus a whole lot of BYB random bred dogs. In some areas the pounds are filled with them and yes they are banned or restricted in many cities, regions, etc. So you think this a country we should follow?

Living in an area of the US where BYB random bred pit bulls are very common, I'd agree with statements about the variety of bullies here, but not the 'breed is a mess'. I think diversity is good for a breed. The random bred dogs live with families, and if they're bad tempered, it's likely that the puppies will be hard to place. If they're unhealthy, it's unlikely that they'll reproduce. We have HIGHLY subsidized spey/neuter ($40) and licenses are required to keep an entire dog or bitch. So breeding isn't entirely random. I'd say the breed is disorderly in the US, but I'd say that's good. I haven't read all the thread, so I may have lost something, but I find it hard to define the 'work' of the pit bull. If it's fighting or defense, I think there's reason to restrict the breed . . . but the street pit bull who was, quite loosely, bred to be a family member, is more or less like other mutts, and I see no reason for restrictions.

I also think everyone . . . not this poster .. . needs to be more specific about children. A three year old and a 10 year old are quite different in their ability to relate to dogs . . . and some 10 year olds are a lot better than others.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not ever leave a child unsupervised with ANY animal PERIOD.

I don't like children. Any animal be it a bird to a bullie should always be under the supervision of an adult. A child may do demeaning things to the animal, antagonise it etc the animal may bite, or react. If you are a parent and ever leave your child alone unsupervised with an animal especially a dog you are a FOOL. PERIOD.

No justification, nothing. Animals are unpredictable and it is your job as the parent to ensure both your child and animal are safe in each others presence.

Do I think pits are good with children? Heck yes! Do I think they should be left alone? Never no matter how much you trust your dog.

What happened to this lady is so sad. What a sad, painful, terrifying way to die. No one should ever suffer her pain ever. Nor should these dogs ever be forgiven immediately they should be put to sleep. No questions. I don't care what they are ANY dog that attacks a human unprovoked like that should be put to sleep.

Unprovoked human aggression should never be tolerated. Period.

I would not ever leave a child unsupervised with ANY animal PERIOD.

I don't like children. Any animal be it a bird to a bullie should always be under the supervision of an adult. A child may do demeaning things to the animal, antagonise it etc the animal may bite, or react. If you are a parent and ever leave your child alone unsupervised with an animal especially a dog you are a FOOL. PERIOD.

No justification, nothing. Animals are unpredictable and it is your job as the parent to ensure both your child and animal are safe in each others presence.

Do I think pits are good with children? Heck yes! Do I think they should be left alone? Never no matter how much you trust your dog.

What happened to this lady is so sad. What a sad, painful, terrifying way to die. No one should ever suffer her pain ever. Nor should these dogs ever be forgiven immediately they should be put to sleep. No questions. I don't care what they are ANY dog that attacks a human unprovoked like that should be put to sleep.

Unprovoked human aggression should never be tolerated. Period.

:thumbsup: I dont care what breed the dogs are, they are DOGS and should not be human aggressive. full stop. my heart goes out to the lady killed and to her family, horrible way to die, my worst nightmare... remember the nature vs nuture argument? ive seen cockers rip a chi apart and ive seen pitbulls curl up in front of the heater with cats, a dog is what you make it...