Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Well, our first two go today! Feebie (orange) is being picked up shortly, and Ava (yellow) is on a plane to Melbourne this afternoon. Bruce (green) goes tomorrow. Bear (blue) and Diesel (white) both go on Saturday. We then have China (purple) staying with us until Friday of next week. Nova (red) isn't going anywhere, of course :)

I'm feeling a little bit sooky, but still very glad that they are ready to go to their new homes. As a bunch of 7 pups, they are very much feral buggers now, just like yours SBT101 :laugh: I don't think I could cope with another 2 - 4 weeks of them as a group! :laugh:

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allerzeit I know what you mean, as much as I miss them terribly, when all 7 of ours were here in that last week they were ferals! Into absolutely everything, ganging up and trying to escape and driving their mother mad! They were gorgeous and I loved them to bits but somedays - seriously - you'd no sooner sort them all out then you'd turn around and feralness ensues!

One last group photo!

last-day.jpg

From left to right, they are:

Allerzeit China Roses (China)

Allerzeit One Toy Soldier (Bear)

Allerzeit Storms in Africa (Nova)

Allerzeit Orinoco Flow (Feebie)

Allerzeit Wild Child (Ava)

Allerzeit Carribean Blue (Bruce)

Allerzeit March of the Celts (Diesel)

Feebie's new owners helped us to take this photo when they picked her up this morning :)

One last group photo!

beautiful! I still have 4 pups here and they will be here until after the Royal. They will be 13 1/2 weeks then, one is mine, one will go after the Royal, one goes mid October and one still to find the right home. Phew.

Must be a hound thing Rebanne! We still have 9 at home - what a team of monsters they are at 11 weeks old!! Eating us out of house and home!! :laugh:

Two heading off this weekend, and one the next. Then two more within the next few weeks. Still two waiting... But their homes will turn up.

Must be a hound thing Rebanne! We still have 9 at home - what a team of monsters they are at 11 weeks old!! Eating us out of house and home!! :laugh:

Two heading off this weekend, and one the next. Then two more within the next few weeks. Still two waiting... But their homes will turn up.

That's what I keep saying about Alice, the right home is out there, they just don't know it yet!

Is it weird that I took a baby off to catch his flight this morning and got all teary when he left?? :( Shouldn't I be happy for him to have such a wonderful future??

But he seemed so alone and vulnerable when they put him in his wire crate on the luggage carriage and drove off over the big tarmac... Sigh. Little buggers getting so far under my skin... Grumble grumble...

:D And now I'm sitting online waiting for an email from his owner that they're all home and safe and sound. :laugh:

Not weird at all! I struggle to not cry whenever I take a puppy to the airport, but I'm fine handing a puppy over to excited owners. It's as you identified - they seem so alone and vulnerable being left in a crate, as compared to handing them into the arms of loving new parents, and enjoying excitement. I'm always on tenterhooks waiting to hear from puppy owners who are having their puppy flown to them - I feel better once I hear from the new mum and/or dad :)

We had Ava to the airport a few days ago, and have to take China to the airport next Friday - not looking forward to it! At least China is going to my parents, so I know that I will still keep in very close contact with how she's going, and I'll see her regularly :)

I think you nailed it there Allerzeit - it's that worry that they look back at you and they're all alone and don't understand!! :( His new owner actually flew down to pick him up and she was crying too when he went in the crate and drove off!! :D I know he'll be home now and they'll be too busy to email for a little while but it will be a welcome email when it arrives!

I have one heading to South Africa in two weeks which will be REALLY hard - it's just so far, and like he'll be gone forever. Even though I know the breeder there who is fantastic and it's an honour to have my bloodlines with her... Still so hard to let him go... :cry:

It's great that China will be with your parents - almost like getting to keep her a little bit! :D Will make the airport drop-off worthwhile!!

It's great that China will be with your parents - almost like getting to keep her a little bit! :D Will make the airport drop-off worthwhile!!

It SO is! I'm so relieved and happy that she is going to them :D I don't think I could have chosen between Nova and China if I had been forced to, but it was an easy decision for us to keep Nova knowing that China was staying in the family :)

Is it weird that I took a baby off to catch his flight this morning and got all teary when he left?? :( Shouldn't I be happy for him to have such a wonderful future??

But he seemed so alone and vulnerable when they put him in his wire crate on the luggage carriage and drove off over the big tarmac... Sigh. Little buggers getting so far under my skin... Grumble grumble...

:D And now I'm sitting online waiting for an email from his owner that they're all home and safe and sound. :laugh:

I had to sit in the car and compose myself when I sent 2 off together, it would be so much worse sending only one. My 2 are living the life of riley now

I was the idiot bawling when I dropped our Roxy off at Jetpets a few weeks ago. Even though we didn't consider keeping her we had a bit of a soft spot for her and it was one of the hardest things i've had to do. I swore to myself that I wouldn't cry and I wouldn't be silly but it just got the better of me. She is now in an absolutely wonderful home where she is spoiled rotten and I too was waiting on tenterhooks for the phone call. I know she's in the most wonderful home but it was still such a hard thing to do. You are most certainly not the only one!