Litters Due In July

Missymoo

post-32878-0-51486300-1308285616_thumb.jpg

HI All hope all pregnancy's are going well, BRITT is having a real hard time, last night when i got home from work rushed her to the vets, as it looked like she had been vomiting all day long with heaps of diarrhea,& her head hanging over her water bowl my vet said it sounded as though she has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis disease, she was given anti vomiting injection as well as antibiotics, did ultrasound & pups were all fine, the vet said would be touch & go for the next 72 hrs. I couldnt believe, how a healthy dog could go down hill so quick.

I took a sickie today as had to take her back to the vets & she does seem heaps better, she is drinking fluids & even ate some roast chicken (without the skin)the vet said she isnt out of the woods yet & been pregnant makes things a little more complicated grrrrrrrrrrr so have my fingers crossed my heart goes out to her....... she isnt touching her biscuits (kibble) should i give her some calcium syrup????

Edited by britt3

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI GUYS.......... well brittany has picked up really well & is starting to aeat a little bit more, I have never cookied so much bloody chicken in all my life.lol I am now mixing it with advance wet food & kibble, her tail is wagging, her gums are back to a nice pink colour, back to the vet this morning for another check up..i have done some research on this disease & its not contagious (thank god), & is more common in Toy & med sized breeds affecting ages from 2 to 4 yrs of age, once they have had it it can reaccur.......... the symptoms are the same as a dog with parvo... vomiting blood in stools, lathargic........ going to get her xrayed next week for puppy count, I am thinking about 8 or 9 christ

IMG_1103-1.jpg

heres a better pic and she has been stripped down as well..I put the heart sticker over me as you could see me taking the pic in the mirrow..eww! lol She is starting to drop them down a bit now I think..

HI GUYS.......... well brittany has picked up really well & is starting to aeat a little bit more, I have never cookied so much bloody chicken in all my life.lol I am now mixing it with advance wet food & kibble, her tail is wagging, her gums are back to a nice pink colour, back to the vet this morning for another check up..i have done some research on this disease & its not contagious (thank god), & is more common in Toy & med sized breeds affecting ages from 2 to 4 yrs of age, once they have had it it can reaccur.......... the symptoms are the same as a dog with parvo... vomiting blood in stools, lathargic........ going to get her xrayed next week for puppy count, I am thinking about 8 or 9 christ

How's Britt going now?

How's Britt going now?

hi allerzeit, she is back to normal now, still fussy, grrrrrrrrrrr she is HUGE poor darling will take some pics of her, she is due sunday week however she will go early, thanks for asking

Wow. so many scares now I know why I don't breed very often..Its been 7 years since our last litter.

Fingers crossed we are going for an ultrasound Friday night to confirm a pregnancy (don't think its really needed as she is already looking big in waist without extra food but I am excited)

Hopefully our Dalmatian litter will arrive here safetly 20th July.

Fingers crossed for you all as well.