Buying Show Collars From Usa

Fordogs

Has anyone bought dog items from the USA?

I have just placed an order online for items valued at $148.00 (a saving of $70.00 due to the exchange rate) but Fedex charges are $48.00 and I have been told that there could also be Aust customs charges ( that would hardly make the whole deal worth doing). Fedex charges almost cancel out the savings.

Has anyone had to pay Aust customs on orders?

I have just placed an order online for items valued at $148.00 (a saving of $70.00 due to the exchange rate) but Fedex charges are $48.00 and I have been told that there could also be Aust customs charges ( that would hardly make the whole deal worth doing). Fedex charges almost cancel out the savings.

You have to pay GST on orders worth over AU$1000. You also need to pay if they need to treat the items at all - and they shouldn't have to if marked as new. Other than that their are no custom charges :hug:

Hi,

I buy lots of things from the US......with postage before you confirm the purchase....ask the seller if they can post either USPS Priority Int'l Mail (this has insurance and has to be signed for) or First Class Int'l Mail (supposedly this is slower, but never have found it to be, doesn't have insurance, but has to be signed for in some cases). Priority is about $10 cheaper than Fedex and First Class can the half the price of Priority. I always ask........if they answer is no only Fedex I find another seller or similiar product.

You have to pay GST on orders worth over AU$1000. You also need to pay if they need to treat the items at all - and they shouldn't have to if marked as new. Other than that their are no custom charges :thumbsup:

You may also have to be concerned if Customs believe the quantity that is being brought in is a commercial quantity. In which case additional fees may be applicable.

I buy many different items from many different places in the US and I have never been charged customs (not even when they searched one of my packages) I agree with the others that there is only a fee if you go over $1000....a few places wont even deliver to AUST if you order over $1000 in 1 single transaction.

I love FedEx and have never had any issues (8 years experience as a FedEx customer - and online shopper! :clap: )

I can only write on behalf of myself in Adelaide though.....

You have to pay GST on orders worth over AU$1000. You also need to pay if they need to treat the items at all - and they shouldn't have to if marked as new. Other than that their are no custom charges :clap:

You may also have to be concerned if Customs believe the quantity that is being brought in is a commercial quantity. In which case additional fees may be applicable.

This is also true

Thanks for your replies, I have placed the order and gone with FedEx, still good savings.

My only worry was that if customs added charges then that would cancel out the savings and then I would have ordered from here in Oz.

I've just recently purchased leather leads and show collars from the USA and was only charged $11.00 in postage, the parcel arrived 6 days later by Australia Post, the order was for $139.00 US.

The company I used was "CANIS CALLIDUS ONLINE STORE" they were excellent. The overall savings were $87.00. ;)