German Shepherds Found Dead

We had an announcement today at our branch of the German Shepherd Dog Club that "there had been an "incident" involving a number of German Shepherds in the Hampton Park/Hallam area and that owners are advised to be dilgent and aware of strangers acting suspiciously around their homes etc.etc.

On further prompting I was told by an "eye witness" who had seen these dogs (two)that they had been killed and left dumped in the front of their homes with their mouths taped shut???? She said that another dog had also been found in the same condition.

They said that due to the privacy act no further information could be given.

Has anyone heard anything of this report?

Edited by LizT

My god how terrible if it's true? I would have imagined an act of such extreme animal cruelty would make news headlines somewhere, but I can't find anything related to it :confused:

No, neither can I and yet the Club made a very 'basic' announcement, and there were a few details actually stating dogs had been "found dead" on a letter posted in the clubrooms and I spoke to a person who had firsthand knowledge of the 'find'???

I'm surprised that "privacy laws" can stop any media coverage.

Something is not 'jelling' with this one. The woman I spoke to said the Police had said that one of the dogs was in fact a Rottie but she says she saw them and they were definitely both GSD's. Not that the breed makes any difference unless it's a breed vendetta or something. But it actually sounds more personal to me.

She also said the Police had told her it was a "non event". She told them try telling that to the 16 year old girl who was with her in the car when they saw the dogs!!!

All very strange.

• 5 weeks later...