Off Leash

Guest Tess32

hehe, well at least I'll feel pretty safe on Sunday, it will be a relief!

Seriously though, it's nice to know I am not the only one who worries about it.

Nat

*raises hand* I will be ther on Sunday with a Terrier..... they are known for not recalling at all rofl.

Having said that, every time I've had Caber off-leash he's been really good. He's independant but also very responsive. So who knows? lol.

Need to bring a video camera :eek:

Well I think my off leash phobia has decreased a bit now!

Reilly is not as bad as I though at all off leash and came back every time I called him - even stopping what he was doing at one point.

I still will not trust him around roads etc, but hopefully I will not freak out now if I dropped the leash!

Nat

Glad it all went well Nat.

Your post prompted me to try our long lead training on the weekend at home with our new long lead and Nina seemed to know when I had her attached on the lead and when I didn't. Not surprising really I know, but as soon as she was attached she wouldn't leave my side. doh!

I think they DO know when the lead is on and act differently. I'm guessing Reilly sensed I was completely at ease and so reacted calmly himself. He "knew" he was free but knew I was letting him free so didn't bother to do keep-away.

I'm considering putting him on a long lead and letting it drag in the normal park area and seeing how that goes.

Nat