A Small Brag

Henrietta

Well, it's a brag of massive proportions for me... I am so happy!

My 4 1/2 year old girl is fear aggressive. She has her best friend - my parent's dog - to play with and they get on wonderfully. She used to get on with my Grandma's older girl, who has since passed on. She was raised with these dogs.

My nan recently got a lovely whippet boy. He has been a great dog, a wonderful companion for my nan and a great exercise partner for me (now I'm walking three dogs), not to mention an interesting introduction into the world of sighthounds.

I previously thought that my girl was destined to have one canine friend in this world and in the back of my mind I was starting to worry for the future. I never intended to have just one dog. If I didn't have more than one dog, I'd certainly want my dogs to have some canine friends. Anyway, this feeling of her having just one mate has been playing on my mind for quite some time.

Can you imagine my joy, when today, after some very careful introductions and some time and patience, my girl and my nan's whippet boy played together? It's early days yet, of course, but I feel that they will be great together with some careful supervision and common sense.

Edited to add something.

I am so grateful to this beautiful whippet boy, who shows wonderful calming signals (also very impressed with how my girl has come along in this department). He has impeccable manners and his play signals simply cannot be misread, even by my socially inept poppet. I've shed a few tears of happiness today. I simply didn't think it possible. :)

Edited by Henrietta

Well, it's a brag of massive proportions for me... I am so happy!.......

Edited to add something.

I am so grateful to this beautiful whippet boy, who shows wonderful calming signals (also very impressed with how my girl has come along in this department). He has impeccable manners and his play signals simply cannot be misread, even by my socially inept poppet. I've shed a few tears of happiness today. I simply didn't think it possible. :)

What a lovely story, congratulations.!! :thumbsup:

Thank you guys, I am still buzzing. :D

Here are just a couple of pics of the dogs in question... I was kicking myself for not having a camera charged and ready to go yesterday. I was probably too busy enjoying the moment anyway.

Edit - not the best pics out, sorry. And yes, whippets are pretty special, aren't they?

Edited by Henrietta