Help With Dry Coat

Hello everyone, I have noticed one of my pointers has a dryer coat than the others, he is the oldest at 7 years, and I was thinking of adding a tin of oily sardines to his diet. Would this help do you think and if so would once a week be enough or should it be more ? He is taking much longer to dry off his coat after swimming in our dam and it's just not feeling as silky as it should. They are all fed a diet of kibble and fresh lamb flaps or chicken wings and frames. He is a very picky eater and would not eat an additive to his food. Thanks for any advice. Cheers.

Hello everyone, I have noticed one of my pointers has a dryer coat than the others, he is the oldest at 7 years, and I was thinking of adding a tin of oily sardines to his diet. Would this help do you think and if so would once a week be enough or should it be more ? He is taking much longer to dry off his coat after swimming in our dam and it's just not feeling as silky as it should. They are all fed a diet of kibble and fresh lamb flaps or chicken wings and frames. He is a very picky eater and would not eat an additive to his food. Thanks for any advice. Cheers.

Hi

I use omega 3,6,9 oil combination in my dogs food,daily,plus good quality kibble and canned sardines in oil or chicken necks.Both Staffords have beautiful,soft shiny coats.

emu oil. It's the only additive that made my dogs coats so soft! Luckily I have it in their food but you can get it in capsule form. Fish oil helped the joints but not the coat at all

emu oil. It's the only additive that made my dogs coats so soft! Luckily I have it in their food but you can get it in capsule form. Fish oil helped the joints but not the coat at all

I'm assuming it's in the kibble you feed ?? If so, which one is it please ??

black hawk holistic, they advertise in the banner along the top here on DOL

this is between 5 different breeds, the emu oil is the only 'food' additive either in a food or extra that has worked. My friends dogs have come leaps and bounds quickly on the food too

black hawk holistic, they advertise in the banner along the top here on DOL

this is between 5 different breeds, the emu oil is the only 'food' additive either in a food or extra that has worked. My friends dogs have come leaps and bounds quickly on the food too

Ah I thought you might say it was that one. I have recently been looking at the web site and debating with my hubby whether we would try it. I would say it might be time to give it a go. Thanks so much. Cheers.