Dog In Pain!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) thank you guys! You have brought tears to my eyes for the first time in a couple of days, but they are happy tears that you guys cared enough to remember! I think I have become a little numb and don't really believe he is gone but on the other hand in the strangest way I am OK with what he had to do and I feel in my heart that he is happier. :)

Despite it being incredibly hard I am at peace with the decision we made and know that he is no longer in pain or discomfort! We miss him more than words could ever describe but I feel truly blessed to have been graced with such a beautiful little dog.

The morning of we took him out to our horse Cleo where he finally got to meet his new big sister, he got to chase a kangaroo (From one side of the car to the other laugh.gif ), he got to run around the paddocks off lead and the little rat finally had good recall, we bought him a McDonalds bacon & egg burger laugh.gif and we took him to the beach. I kept my nose firm against his until he drifted away. We buried him at the back of our block which is a lovely view of the lake and we put in his two favourite puppy toys, a nice yummy fresh marrow bone & a golf ball as he always stole Marcus's!

Attached is a photo of the days leading up to our last together and it's the photo on my phone! He loved his car rides and he looks so happy.

Thank you everyone for your help and support, I would likely still have him laying next to me right now in pain and me still choosing to ignore it. I need the little push to open my eyes for him and we are forever thankful. :)

post-28053-0-56129700-1308140066_thumb.jpg

Oh Sunnyflower, you did such a brave thing. My heart goes out to you and your family. Oscar sounds like he had lovely last days with his favourite things to do and eat. RIP lovely little man. Hugs.

Thank you guys, it means a lot!

I finally realise how lucky I was to get to actually say good bye!

RIP beautiful boy... Remember to wait for me! :)

A couple of us have mentioned that we "saw" our pets after they went to God. Watch out the corner of your eye Sunnyflower.. he may still be there with you for a little while.

I know it's not what you were thinking but I honestly think another Cavalier would be the best healing you could have.. perhaps another colour.

I'm tearing up just reading this :cry:

Thinking of you Sunnyflower.

Your pooch was very lucky to live out his last days as happy ones

He may be gone but you'll always have fond memories of your lives together

:) Thank you Esky.. Don't have tears, have smiles! I got to have a beautiful little dog in my life that created no real issues for me. He brought nothing but joy.

Thank you guys, it means a lot!

I finally realise how lucky I was to get to actually say good bye!

RIP beautiful boy... Remember to wait for me! :)

A couple of us have mentioned that we "saw" our pets after they went to God. Watch out the corner of your eye Sunnyflower.. he may still be there with you for a little while.

I know it's not what you were thinking but I honestly think another Cavalier would be the best healing you could have.. perhaps another colour.

Honestly PF, I do feel like I see things in the corner of my eye and he ALWAYS pushed doors open to get to me and the bathroom door has been ever so slightly making noises which make me think it's him or I think I see things quickly in the corner of my eye in the mirror of something black running into the kitchen! I could smell him for a couple of days too everywhere I went. That probably sounds crazy but I could! I do remember thinking to myself "Please come home with us Osc" as we walked out the back door of the vets. I would hate to think his little spirit is forever at the vets.

We've decided on a Ridgie & we go to meet them on Sunday and providing we are happy we will bring him home. Not entirely what we thought we wanted but Marcus really wants this wound to heal before we welcome another Cav and I have to respect that! I will get another one again but maybe in a year or two. We found a Golden breeder we were both happy with but we both love the Ridgebacks & we decided we won't be getting a Vizsla or likely another dog for a while so we got something we felt suited both our needs.

I finish work in 4 weeks so will have 6 - 8 weeks with pup prior to bubs arrival.

Oh SF! I'm so sorry this had to happen mate but rest easy that you did the right thing. I'm glad he got to have so much fun in his final days, just picturing him chasing the kangaroo makes me smile.

I pray that when Abbi goes it will be a similar story and that I will be able to hold her close and tell her how much I love her.

Big hugs to you, you are very brave and he was a lucky little man to have such an incredibly caring and devoted mamma.

Take care of yourself in these hard days and remember that he is looking over you, ever watchful and waiting.

xxxxxxx

Oh SF! I'm so sorry this had to happen mate but rest easy that you did the right thing. I'm glad he got to have so much fun in his final days, just picturing him chasing the kangaroo makes me smile.

I pray that when Abbi goes it will be a similar story and that I will be able to hold her close and tell her how much I love her.

Big hugs to you, you are very brave and he was a lucky little man to have such an incredibly caring and devoted mamma.

Take care of yourself in these hard days and remember that he is looking over you, ever watchful and waiting.

xxxxxxx

:) Thank you Danielle. That just made me smile! I like the thought of my little man watching over me. He was always by my side regardless of where I went! He should have been called Shadow.

I too hope you get this same chance with your beautiful Abbi.. Give her lots of cuddles from me and enjoy every moment with your little Princess.

xxxx

We've decided on a Ridgie & we go to meet them on Sunday and providing we are happy we will bring him home. Not entirely what we thought we wanted but Marcus really wants this wound to heal before we welcome another Cav and I have to respect that! I will get another one again but maybe in a year or two. We found a Golden breeder we were both happy with but we both love the Ridgebacks & we decided we won't be getting a Vizsla or likely another dog for a while so we got something we felt suited both our needs.

I finish work in 4 weeks so will have 6 - 8 weeks with pup prior to bubs arrival.

Ridgebacks are lovely dogs.. one of the largely undiscovered gems in "big family dogs" IMO along with Pointers. I'm sure your new puppy will bring you a lot of joy. :)

:) thank you guys! You have brought tears to my eyes for the first time in a couple of days, but they are happy tears that you guys cared enough to remember! I think I have become a little numb and don't really believe he is gone but on the other hand in the strangest way I am OK with what he had to do and I feel in my heart that he is happier. :)

Despite it being incredibly hard I am at peace with the decision we made and know that he is no longer in pain or discomfort! We miss him more than words could ever describe but I feel truly blessed to have been graced with such a beautiful little dog.

The morning of we took him out to our horse Cleo where he finally got to meet his new big sister, he got to chase a kangaroo (From one side of the car to the other laugh.gif ), he got to run around the paddocks off lead and the little rat finally had good recall, we bought him a McDonalds bacon & egg burger laugh.gif and we took him to the beach. I kept my nose firm against his until he drifted away. We buried him at the back of our block which is a lovely view of the lake and we put in his two favourite puppy toys, a nice yummy fresh marrow bone & a golf ball as he always stole Marcus's!

Attached is a photo of the days leading up to our last together and it's the photo on my phone! He loved his car rides and he looks so happy.

Thank you everyone for your help and support, I would likely still have him laying next to me right now in pain and me still choosing to ignore it. I need the little push to open my eyes for him and we are forever thankful. :)

Sunnyflower, thank you for posting this. So many of us were with you in spirit in these last weeks, and it was so kind of you to post this in his honour and memory. I'm another one who admires your decision, and the way you went about it. I'm sure that Oscar's story will help others in a similar situation. He sounds as though he was an absolutely lovely little man, and you will have wonderful memories of the time you had with him, even though it was way too short. Run free handsome man.

:cry:

How lucky Oscar was to have someone who loved him so much .

Sunnyflower, thank you for posting this. So many of us were with you in spirit in these last weeks, and it was so kind of you to post this in his honour and memory. I'm another one who admires your decision, and the way you went about it. I'm sure that Oscar's story will help others in a similar situation. He sounds as though he was an absolutely lovely little man, and you will have wonderful memories of the time you had with him, even though it was way too short. Run free handsome man.

Ridgebacks are lovely dogs.. one of the largely undiscovered gems in "big family dogs" IMO along with Pointers. I'm sure your new puppy will bring you a lot of joy. :)

:) Thank you PF. I'm sure the little munchkin will. We wanted a big dog next so we should be happy with the new boy.

Thank you Tassie and I felt a lot stronger on Saturday than I could have ever imagined myself feeling. I really hope Oscar's situation can help others and if that's the least we can do then I am very happy with that and proud of my little man for being so brave! :)

:cry:

How lucky Oscar was to have someone who loved him so much .

Awww thank you HP. My attachment to Oscar was a very unhealthy one however I am an affectionate person and it's why I get attached to animals. They need me as much as I need them! :)

Have nothing worthwhile adding but wanted to say RIP Oscar. :rainbowbridge: And also wanted to offer you hugs :hug: SF. I know it doesn't matter what i think but you made the best decision for Oscar and i think that shows your strength of character.

Nothing prepares you for the sadness of losing one of your furry family. I have lost 3 in the last 3 years (the last one was 3 weeks ago), and I still miss them all terribly. I try to console myself with the thought that I always did my best for them, and when the time came to say goodbye, I made the right decision for them.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but please remember that you will see Oscar again one day :grouphug: