Pet Transport (who Do You Use)

Fordogs

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which pet transport company do you use?

• And how much do you pay?

the prices i was quoted is to fly BC puppies in a PP40 crate...

prices have not been any different for over 12 months...

Oh and price i got from Brisbane to Canberra was $110, but from Canberra to Brisbane is $160...

are you letting them know you are breeders???

Edited by bordacollies4me

I have just finalized details for the puppy, CANBERRA to Melbourne with Dogtainers, size 5 crate, fight of my choice $220.

Thanks to all who responded and also to those who emailed me privately but in the end I did prefer to use a company that I had used before as I didn't want any problems at the airport BUT I will watch for more info on the other companies that were metioned so come on people let us all know about your favorite transport company and perhaps we can all save on interstate transport THOUGH we know that it is also about the safe and stress free delivery of our pets NOT only the cheapest.

Another vote for wayrod from me and I have used his services on multiple occasions now! Not only are the prices very reasonable but he goes the extra mile to ensure smooth, safe delivery. This includes contact with both sender and receiver and follow up to make sure that everything went smoothly.

Oh and not only is he a professional to deal with, but he's a darned nice guy to chat to as well! :)

so which company is wayrod with, he is yet to respond to the pm I sent a few days ago.

Same here Rebanne...I need to send a puppy to Cairns at the end of next week & I also sent a PM to wayrod on Sunday night, which he has not responded to yet.

so which company is wayrod with, he is yet to respond to the pm I sent a few days ago.

Same here Rebanne...I need to send a puppy to Cairns at the end of next week & I also sent a PM to wayrod on Sunday night, which he has not responded to yet.

I am unsure what is happening, I seem to be getting some emails/PMs and not others, and some in fact seem to be turning up 24 hours later.

I have responded to you both within the last few minutes. Let me know if you do not receive!

Talk soon!

Wayne (Wayrod)

At last, now your talking, Why didn't you speak up earlier?

I was greatly tempted to try Wayrod but no one said that they had used his company so I went with what I knew.

So Sorry Wayne, next time.

wayrod doesn't work for a transport company. He is a pet industry professional and transport isn't his main interest. He does work long hours in his own business and isn't online 24/7 so can on occasion take a little while to get back to people.

I cannot recommend him more highly, especially for people in rural/regional areas who don't have a lot of choice in transport options.

editing to add: See you have responded here now wayrod. And did you get my latest email??

Edited by ellz

wayrod doesn't work for a transport company. He is a pet industry professional and transport isn't his main interest. He does work long hours in his own business and isn't online 24/7 so can on occasion take a little while to get back to people.

I cannot recommend him more highly, especially for people in rural/regional areas who don't have a lot of choice in transport options.

editing to add: See you have responded here now wayrod. And did you get my latest email??

Which one :confused:

Are you talking about the one sent at 12.27am this morning, yes I did, I started at 4.30 this morning and am just getting to it.

In answer to your question $69.00 Mel/Hba and Yes I have your crate, it is clean, disinfected etc and ready to go....

Another vote for wayrod from me and I have used his services on multiple occasions now! Not only are the prices very reasonable but he goes the extra mile to ensure smooth, safe delivery. This includes contact with both sender and receiver and follow up to make sure that everything went smoothly.

Oh and not only is he a professional to deal with, but he's a darned nice guy to chat to as well! :)

Totally agree ellz...had a lovely chat on the phone with him this afternoon & he's a very nice guy to talk to...I'm more than happy to trust him to organise my puppies flight for me. :)

I have just finalized details for the puppy, CANBERRA to Melbourne with Dogtainers, size 5 crate, fight of my choice $220.

Thanks to all who responded and also to those who emailed me privately but in the end I did prefer to use a company that I had used before as I didn't want any problems at the airport BUT I will watch for more info on the other companies that were metioned so come on people let us all know about your favorite transport company and perhaps we can all save on interstate transport THOUGH we know that it is also about the safe and stress free delivery of our pets NOT only the cheapest.

Price is important of course or at minimum competitive.. I am not loyal to one company or another. But for me as a breeder dropping off something like 4-5 puppies to the airport over a few days etc.. It is customer service. I do not want to be running back and forth between terminals, or hanging around at one terminal for an hour, then the same at the other because the transport mob I used stuffed up both freight bookings. (They were done by two separate people on two separate days).

I want my puppy transported profesionally, promptly and without too much fuss or hassle. I want the puppy to arrive happy and not trembling in the back of their crate due to boofy ham fisted attendants. (I know this can not sometimes be helped by the transport company themselves). I do not want my puppy left on the tarmack in the hot sun while they are loading something else.. (seen this done too).

I agree, it's a lucky dip but I've found on average Jetpets is usually $50-$100 cheaper than Dogtainers. Was majorly peeved when my friend called and got a quote to fly a dog to Perth and she got a price of $275 but when I'd called earlier that week I'd been quoted $350 :mad

I used JetPet to transport puppies from my door to Syd airport, Bris airport and to a home in Sydney. My door to the airport was $137 (Syd and Bris) and door to door (syd) was $187. That included crate hire. I was very happy with the service, they were prompt and communicated well with all parties involved.

The first was AAE/QANTAS to Canberra (as AAE is the only freight to do Canberra now)..Booked paid.. got email..

Arrived at AAE: Could not find the booking on the system. Rang the afterhours person. no information. Almost had to pay for freight again. Even though it was booked and paid two days prior.

I have received a few enquiries in the last couple of days from DOLers re AaE and their booking confirmation procedure. I have printed this for information purposes.

The process for a pet transporter to make a booking is to contact the pet booking office. Once a booking has been confirmed a number is allocated and an email file with allocated number is forwarded to the booking agent. The booking agent should forward to the person lodging the pet to assist in the lodgement process.

The email from AaE contains:

Pet Booking Confirmation

This document confirms booking arrangements for flight with flight numbers, times, sender and receiver details and what is being transported and the size of the applicable crate.

Pet Shippers Declaration

This document MUST be taken along with the Pet Booking Confirmation for lodgement. Details need to be completed by the sender. This has a section that the lodging party has to complete and for AaE counter staff to complete.

Note: Puppies and kittens between 8 weeks and 12 weeks of age require a veterinary certificate stating that they are healthy and OK for flight.

AaE Service Conditions

Information document only.

AaE Household Pet Air Travel Guide

Information document only.

By taking copies of the Pet Booking Confirmation and Pet Shippers Declaration along with you then there should be no reason not to find the booking.

I hope this helps.

For those interested...I was quoted the following prices on the 1st June 2011 from a guy called Chris at Jetpets. All from Melbourne and all including crate for 9 week old Rottweiler puppies.

to Syd $130

to Canberra $130

to Brisbane $130

to Coolingatta $130

to Adelaide $130

to Launceston & Hobart $130

to Perth $160

to Darwin $185

to Townsville $180

to Cairns $180

I would expect the same prices from each place back to Melb too, but could be wrong.

ETA: These prices included crate hire.

Edited by Rottsup

For those interested...I was quoted the following prices on the 1st June 2011 from a guy called Chris at Jetpets. All from Melbourne and all including crate for 9 week old Rottweiler puppies.

to Syd $130

to Canberra $130

to Brisbane $130

to Coolingatta $130

to Adelaide $130

to Launceston & Hobart $130

to Perth $160

to Darwin $185

to Townsville $180

to Cairns $180

I would expect the same prices from each place back to Melb too, but could be wrong.

See this is EXACTLY my issue with Jetpets...

They wanted to charge me $307 Melbourne to Hobart, with me provding my OWN crate, for a roughly 15 kilo dog :confused::mad

Just dont know how they work out their pricing at all :confused::confused: ...

Edited by rajacadoo