Need Some Help Here, Please

Kaisie has just acted rather strangely. It is thundering so she is nervous...but

She got up and was salivating profusely. A clear drool.

My OH took her outside where she stood for some time, not willing to move or paying any attention to us - just looking sort of distressed.

After a while she turned to my talking to her and followed me inside.

Anyone seen this? Could it just be her fear of the storm? If so, it is strange she went outside when OH called her to go out there. :confused:

Edit to add: She is not drooling/salivating now, even tho the storm is now overhead and it is raining. She just looks uncomfortable like she always does during storms.

Edited by noisymina

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone.

She's not looking good. The vet is putting her on a drip and treating the symptoms tonight and doing tests.

She thinks we have a neurological issue, she can feel a mass in the abdomen and she has lost quite a bit of weight. More than I realised or she should have on the diet I have been feeding her.

The vet thinks possible haemorrhage somewhere. Old dog and all, it's not looking very positive.

Thank you everyone.

She's not looking good. The vet is putting her on a drip and treating the symptoms tonight and doing tests.

She thinks we have a neurological issue, she can feel a mass in the abdomen and she has lost quite a bit of weight. More than I realised or she should have on the diet I have been feeding her.

The vet thinks possible haemorrhage somewhere. Old dog and all, it's not looking very positive.

Oh no, poor old girl. I hope your o.k as well. Fingers crossed they are wrong. How old is she?

Oh no, poor old girl. I hope your o.k as well. Fingers crossed they are wrong. How old is she?

She is 11 now.

I fear her time may have come.

Thank you for all your thoughts everyone. You are all wonderful. :grouphug:

Big hugs to you noisy and beautiful kaisie. Hang on old girl, its not your time yet!

Stay strong noisy, she will pull through, she's just like my old girl, can't keep a good dog down.

Sending healing vibes to kaisie from me and my gang.

xxxxx

Thank you everyone.

Vale: KARVIC SECRET SOCIETY 02/07/99 - 01/06/2011

Kaisie passed away during the night at the vets.

Bloods showed inflammation "somewhere". Apparently if it was an infection she would have been running a temp, which she was not.

Next most likely is a tumor - somewhere.

As she had no signs of digestive, liver or kidney problems, next most likeLY was brain tumor. And her signs were consistent with that.

It was pretty quick and while she did seem distressed, she was quiet and calm while I was with her. I'm sorry I was not with her at the end. But I am glad I took her to the vet. They have been really good and I thank them for their care. I think the vet and the vet nurse were closer to tears than I was, even tho they must have seen it a thousand times before.

Thank you again to all the dolers who have been so good. Not just yesterday and today, but over the last 8 years!

It was with Dol's help that she turned from an OTT crazy that pulled like a train on the lead to a real Dobermann. Our friend and protector, member of our pack.