Litters Due August 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chocolate, Her nipples seem to be bigger but I have been looking so often that I have forgotten what they were like previously lol :laugh:

That's the problem isn't it. I'm the same. My girl seems very quiet in herself but then in this miserable cold rainy weather that is also to be expected. I usually find one of the first things I notice as well is increased appetite but my girly isn't really showing signs of that yet.

Hi Chocolate, Her nipples seem to be bigger but I have been looking so often that I have forgotten what they were like previously lol :laugh:

That's the problem isn't it. I'm the same. My girl seems very quiet in herself but then in this miserable cold rainy weather that is also to be expected. I usually find one of the first things I notice as well is increased appetite but my girly isn't really showing signs of that yet.

Chocolate, are you expecting a litter this late in the season ???

Maybe, don't know yet. She seasoned very late this year the latest I've had a girl come in but understandably as the weather was really not autumn like until the end of May.

Thanks BB, Really hoping this girl is in whelp. How far along is your girl Chocolate. August has proven to be a very slow month :)

Well she was mated on the 10th June. I'm not sure whether she will have taken because her progesterone level was 63.1 nmol on the Thursday 3.30pm and she wasn't mated until about 10.30am the following morning as they had lost her blood sample. I didn't find out the result until 11pm Thursday night by the time they had found it and processed it. It seems that the cervix closes once the progesterone gets to a certain level so I don't know what level she would have been by the next morning. Hence it's a bit of a wait and see for me.

I find Progesterone levels aliitle confusing but I thought that when we AI our girl it may have been a bit early.Her Level was 25 mmol when we did an AI. I will keep my fingers crossed for you Chocolate. What breed do you have.

I find Progesterone levels aliitle confusing but I thought that when we AI our girl it may have been a bit early.Her Level was 25 mmol when we did an AI. I will keep my fingers crossed for you Chocolate. What breed do you have.

Thanks jackofhearts. I have Basenjis. 25nmol would be ok for fresh & chilled I would think but early if using frozen. When was your girl AI'd?

Maybe, don't know yet. She seasoned very late this year the latest I've had a girl come in but understandably as the weather was really not autumn like until the end of May.

WOW, she was mated about the time that most of the pups were being born !!! Yep, you guys did have quite funny weather... Good luck, fingers crossed ;) ... Oh, who is it :) ??? Did you have your other litters, the ones up on your website ???

WOW, she was mated about the time that most of the pups were being born !!! Yep, you guys did have quite funny weather... Good luck, fingers crossed ;) ... Oh, who is it :) ??? Did you have your other litters, the ones up on your website ???

I've had one litter and this will be the 2nd if she's pregs. Go take a look at the website it's all up there:-)