2 Best Buys I've Ever Made

Jam4na

I just wanted to share two items I bought recently that I think are money well spent.

I have an 8mth old Weimaraner who has too much energy, loves to play and eats way too fast.

First one is the Kong Wobbler - he loves it and it keeps him occupied for hours whilst exercising him too.

Second is an anti guzzling food bowl. I was skeptical that a bowl type would slow Monty down but to my surprise it really has! He takes his time moves around the bowl and actually swallows before his next bite!!!

Just wanted to share my best buys and hopefully help someone else out :)

the wobblers are one of the best sellers at work, we have trouble keeping them in stock!

Sadly my dogs would both starve to death before they worked out how to use them :rofl: :rofl:

Where do you buy the anti guzzling bowls from? I've never heard of them but if they do work I seriously need one.

I have one of these and it works really well :)

http://pets1.com.au/Skid-Stop-Slow-Feed-Bowl-Large.html?utm_source=myshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Pet+Supplies&utm_term=Skid+Stop+Slow+Feed+Bowl+Large+

Where is the cheapest place anyone has found to get a Kong Wobbler?

Edited by Tobster

Where do you buy the anti guzzling bowls from? I've never heard of them but if they do work I seriously need one.

I have one of these and it works really well :)

http://pets1.com.au/Skid-Stop-Slow-Feed-Bowl-Large.html?utm_source=myshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Pet+Supplies&utm_term=Skid+Stop+Slow+Feed+Bowl+Large+

Thanks Tobster will definately order one. :)

I bought Sienna the Scoff Stopper and it works a treat, hers has been in use for about an year and a half and stands up to the rigorous meal time attention of GSP's. Pretty interested in the Kong Wobbler, how is it for durabilty? I reckon my two have staffies beat for destruction :laugh: Sienna has a treat ball, the super large one, she has it figured out she knows how to open the door and then just rolls it round with her foot until they all fall out :laugh:

I bought one from clickertraining.com/store for about $13 + postage (and I bought other stuff so the postage landed up being a few dollars per item. Even though I entered in an international address the shipping charge didn't update?).

How does a wobbler differ from a bob-a-lot?

For us, Bob-a-lot is easily destroyed as it has a screw on Bob, my dog went straight for this. The Kong Wobbler if purchased in the appropriate size, they can't really destroy from what I've seen. My male Dane is king destroyer and he's yet to even put a dent in it.

BobaLot_1.jpg VS kong_wobbler.jpg

Also the Kong Wobbler is super easy to fill, simply unscrew and put in Kibble, we put 300 grams with no trouble, however with the Bob-A-Lot you have to put it through a small hole area which takes forever.

Edited by MEH

K9: The Bob a lot has a removable lid you can screw off to fill with treats, it also has an adjustable food release door that you can adjust to increase the difficulty in getting out treats.

The Kong Wobbler is flat on the bottom, it will sit still until the dog nudges it, Bob is round on the bottom, he will wobble in the wind.

eBay. Click here

I just found a Large one for $28 here and $30 here

They're $40+ in Petbarn for the Large ones.

I bought one from clickertraining.com/store for about $13 + postage (and I bought other stuff so the postage landed up being a few dollars per item. Even though I entered in an international address the shipping charge didn't update?).

Wobbler $26.00 here

Thankyou, or maybe not ;) off to spend more money!!!

I got my anti guzzling bowl from my local pet shop - paid $23 for the largest one, they had 3 sizes to pick from.

The wobbler I bought from a pet barn and paid $40 for. I've since then seen them cheaper online :(

Durability- Monty can not get his mouth fully around it and if you know the size of a Wei's mouth then that's pretty impressive. He has had it now for 3 weeks and it's scratched from teeth marks but that's to be expected. There is no way he will be able to destroy it, much to his annoyance!

Oh and i put the wobbler in the dishwasher - comes up a treat!!!

What's everyone putting in their wobblers?