Everyone Loves A Bernese Baby!

cassie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all for your lovely comments :)

:love: He looks like a really cheeky character, how did Zephyr take to him?

Let's just say at this early stage, Moose loves Zephyr more than Zephyr loves Moose :laugh: But Zephyr is getting used to having a little shadow around again and I know they will be best mates soon. Zephyr was like this when I first got my Saint too (who I no longer have) but then once he realised the pup was staying, he decided he loved him :) Just a matter of time.

Oh my god, he is adorable!

I met a full grown male Berner last weekend, he was the most delightful fellow, very big, very friendly. We were at a herding clinic and he was having a play with the sheep. I must say, a full grown male Berner is a LOT of dog, and the sheep did exactly what they were told! LOL!

That's awesome, Bernese are such capable dogs :thumbsup: They were originally bred to pull the milk carts to the dairy, but were also used as general purpose farm dogs. A full grown male is definitely an impressive dog :love:

Hey does this breed of dog drool a lot? Just curious?

No, their lips are only slightly developed, not exaggerated like other breeds (eg. Saint, Newfie) so they will drool occassionally (and some more than others) but it is not excessive by any means. They are not what I would call a drooly breed but then again not completely dry mouthed either. Hope that makes some sense! :)

So cute!

I'm glad you decided to take him and I'm glad the name's stuck.

Hope to see you out at some shows

You definitely will! :D His first show will be the Bernese specialty on 10th July (perfect timing!) then I'm sure we'll be out at SACA sometime soon after that.

What a gorgeous little pup! The name is very cute too!

Glad you like it, I've had some mixed reactions to his name so far :laugh: But I don't care as I love it.

He's just gorgeous Cassie. How lucky I've moved to Adelaide. I think a meet & greet is definitely in order !!

Absolutely! Sounds great, shall have to arrange something once he's all vaccinated.

Moose sure is a gorgeous boy Cassie and the name suits him too ... well maybe more when he grows a bit! :laugh:

I love that he's a smiley dog because there's nothing I love more than puppy photos with a huge grin; he looks so happy when you went to go meet him!!

I wish you best of luck with him because he's a stunner!! :love: So cute and fluffy!

DOLers, meet my latest addition Moose :) We picked him up this morning. It was totally by chance that this little boy has come to live with us, I just happened to contact Zephyr's breeder last week (Zephyr is my 6.5 year old Bernese) and she mentioned that she currently had a litter and was looking for a show home for one very special little boy. She invited us to come and have a look at him, so we did and how could we not fall in love! He is 8.5 weeks old and just the most beautiful baby, I am very pleased with him and looking forward to making my debut in the show ring with such a quality pup.

Moose at 6 weeks:

229511_10150199573348128_684963127_7135053_7777602_n1.jpg

229212_10150199588703128_684963127_7135131_3445908_n1.jpg

And at 7 weeks:

254555_10150208522153128_684963127_7213321_5381646_n1.jpg

And one taken by us when we visited them at 8 weeks:

IMG_2408.jpg

And these were taken today:

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

Meeting big brother Zeph, not the greatest pic but still cute :)

IMG_2451.jpg

Cassie, Moose is just absolutely beautiful! I couldn't have passed up that offer either!

I wish you every success with him and much happiness, you deserve it more than anyone. :thumbsup: