Dog / Wolf Comparison:

Agreed Sand or is it grubber grubber sounds like an insult. You grubber. haha

I liked the article I think it showed a good perspective as well as the replies he provided underneath in the comments section.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe should pm but nothing to keep private. When I moved to WA, I was confused about whether WA-ers were sandgropers or sandgurbbers. They sound the same if you're from the USA, as I am. When I went to apply for a prefix, sandgroper was taken (no surprise), but sandgrubber was wide open. I see 'sandgrubber' as both descriptive of Perth area geography and a tribute to my ability to confuse words. I'm now in coastal California and TAS Fog's Edge, but for Australian purposes I'll remain sandgrubber. Believe me, if you've been exposed to Perth's economy, a lot of us are grubbing (-:

Agreed Sand or is it grubber grubber sounds like an insult. You grubber. haha

I liked the article I think it showed a good perspective as well as the replies he provided underneath in the comments section.

Corvus before you're so quick to deem every training method out dated or old school or useless.

Whoa there, Nellie. I said what now? Talk about putting words in my mouth. I thought this thread was about comparing wolves and dogs rather than training methods.

I've tried every food liver, pork, cheese, crumbles, motivators etc his distraction is far too high and his a pet shop puppy :( so he as issues. He was very fussy when younger ad would probably only eat once every two days that is without me feeding him I just leave the food out I know he wont starve.

Very lure orientated. Bossington will eat the fingers off your hand if you let him.

Sorry Aidan what breeds do you own and what methods do you use mainly with yours? And do you use e collars also or are you against them?

Don't leave the food out. Place the food and give a small amount of time to eat it (15 mins or so) then pick it up and only offer at next mealtime. Free feeding encourages fussy eating and certainly does not help trying to use treats for training.