Man "hulk" should have his own dog taken away from him since he clearly doesn't know how to treat animals. And the man no matter how elderly the dog or the owner the dog should have been on even a loose lead for his own safety.

Still no excuse for this "hulk" to kick the dog. Wasn't the dogs fault. :mad

Would love to hear the other side of the story. I would kick an off lead dog in self defence if it was going to attack my on lead dog in order to protect my dog from having to defend itself and be at risk of being put to sleep for seriously injuring or even accidentally killing a smaller dog. I hope the little dog recovers and the owner keeps it leashed and under effective control in future.

Edited by Kynan

Would love to hear the other side of the story. I would kick an off lead dog in self defence if it was going to attack my on lead dog in order to protect my dog from having to defend itself and be at risk of being put to sleep for seriously injuring or even accidentally killing a smaller dog. I hope the little dog recovers and the owner keeps it leashed and under effective control in future.

There id have to agree, id rather someone try to say I attacked a dog in self defence rather than Brutus having a bite at a dog and being declared dangerous for defending himself, though the way I read that story was the man kicked the dog after the fact as retaliation for it not being on a leash?

Three sides to every story... their version, the other version. And then the truth

• 2 months later...

I dont think it was going to attack ... and anyway ... why would you kick it ?

Edited by ILUVBONSHANNONLIZZY
  • 2 weeks later...

Just my two cents worth... This Gordon is not only stupid (25 yrs living there and claims he wasnt aware he needed to have his dog on a leash??? he expects us to believe that? really..) but he has also acted in what should be considerd to be a theatening manner to the other man: (arrogantly questioning the other man as to where he lives simply because he was asked to put his dog on a leash). I highly doubt the dog was kicked "2mtrs" into the air, seriously, how long is a standard leash anyway??? And Gordon claims that his dog was on one at this point. Besides, the dog would have to be REALLY close for you to kick it hard enough to reach 2mtrs and then Gordon would have to release the lash to ALLOW the dog to travel that high.. Simple physics folks.. I believe that the other man probably told this moron to follow the established law afterhaving Gordons aggressive dog (he stated himself that his nasty dog growled at the LH Shpeherd, now if that was reversed and the shepherd had so much as lifted his lis, it would be declared dangerous!) attack him and his dog. He probably did what ANY ONE OF WOULD DO, and kicked an unleashed, aggressive, dog, mid-attack to save himself and his dog.. Media sensationalism at its best folks... Big dog becomes baddie and little dog becomes a "hero" I thinks it all BS

Have any of you owned a small 14 yr old dog? I've had quite a few, I have some now and I think it hardly likely that they could run or be particularly threatening.

There was no need for the level of aggression this moron meted out. No, the dog shouldn't have been off the lead but this is an act of cruelty.

I was walking my small dogs last week and 2 dogs ran out of their garage at us - yes they were small and fluffy - one backed off but the other went for one of my dogs.

Did I kick it? No need. I grabbed it by the scruff and moved it forcefully away from my dogs and he had second thoughts and off he went. He was far younger and far more capable of doing damage than any 14 yr old dog.