Watermarks And Protecting Your Work

Kirislin

I've never worried about watermarks but a few photos I've taken I'm thinking maybe I should. I dont know how to do them though and I dont use photoshop. I have got picasa, can I do them on that?

Also can people "steal" images off redbubble?

It is easy to steal photos from anywhere on the net even if you can't copy it there are ways around it like Print Screen.

I really should watermark my photos. There is someone I don't like using two of my photos on their page now and claiming they were taken by someone else. There are some others being used in places I would prefer they wern't as well

I really can't be bothed to get into fights about getting rid of them.

Some people overseas were also trying to sell Alera in a scam with my photos of her as a puppy.

post-1359-0-61029700-1307776463_thumb.jpg You can put text on your photos ..BUT on redbubble , for instance .. I wouldn't .. because then the text will show on any prints. It's fine for flickr ,etc !

simply open teh photo you want to use in picasa.

click on ' text' select a colour ( I try & match a colour in teh photo )

select size and font

write whatever .. then move the transparency toggle to the amount you want :)

click apply ... and you're done!

here is an example I just did .....

In red bubble you can set it so that people cannot "copy" a photo. You can also set it so that there is a water mark across the pic when they enlarge it - it does not come out when printed..lol

In red bubble you can set it so that people cannot "copy" a photo. You can also set it so that there is a water mark across the pic when they enlarge it - it does not come out when printed..lol

the watermark redbubble applies - yes! One you do in picasa, as Kirislin asked about - no- that one will become part of the photograph amd will show up when printed ;)

I made my own 'mark', for my photography.

People still steal though. I see my photos on Facebook, Tumblr... it doesn't mater what you do - anything put on the internet can be stolen.

Write a nice 'Infringement of Copyright Notice' email and send that along with a threat about contacting their ISP...should do the trick.

To help in finding your stolen photos, sites like TinEye are helpful. Reverse image search.

Edited by Stutterfly

• 1 month later...

If you put a watermark on your photo's can't people just get rid of it with teh 'clone' stamp?

Is there any way of making a watermark that is NOT removable?

If you put your watermark on it then emboss it, it is harder to remove. Also do it over the main part of the picture.

I took this picture, actually i think all 3 are mine, but 2 have a small watermark

I put this one on some i had on fb so if they were taken i could see it very easily

If i can be bothered i do this otherwise i just put a small one in the corner

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=38549

If you put a watermark on your photo's can't people just get rid of it with teh 'clone' stamp?

Is there any way of making a watermark that is NOT removable?

If they're really good with photoshop, I guess.

When my photos have been stolen, the thieves haven't even bothered to remove the watermark so...meh.