Susan Garrett Semianr

PAX

Well we are back, My brain is still trying to get around what she spoke about.

Susan is sooo funny i haven't laughed so much in ages. I thought she was excellent, and the humerous way in which she explained things just seemed to make so much sense. I tried to kidnap her and hold her hostage at my place but it never happened...lol

Susan did say that she wanted to come back to Canberra and do a week long obedience camp but she didnt say when. She also said that one of her instructors "Lynda" is coming out next year so i will have to keep an eye out for that.

Well, I got to try out a few things over the weekend at Newcastle trial ;)

Some worked and some didn't :thumbsup: Tho my best was Maverick getting 2nd in the Open jumping... A beautiful rear cross behind a jump and he zoomed into the weaves.. beautiful.. pity his novice agility run wasn't as nice :) Damn contacts..

Had some rather interesting courses tho. Our open jumping on Sunday was disgusting and we DQ'd but he did exactly as I told him.. Oh now he tugs like a trooper. ;)

That all sounds great Holly. We are still working on tug - we've made lots of progress but still not there yet.

What we are doing ATM is free shaping a retrieve with all my dogs ... they all enjoy playing "fetch", probably more than tugging right now, but it's not reliable or very transportable ... so this might help with that.

When we have that I'll try shaping a reliable tug.

(BTW we've been doing some gridwork too.)

Susan said that she'd be including shaping a motivational retrieve in the obedience seminar ... unfortunately the agility one was all I could get to ... I'd be really interested in an overview of the motivational retrieve shaping process from someone who went to the obedience seminar. Anyone? Please?

I was there Sidoney for the Retrieve, it was pretty detailed.

My dog mouths the dumbell so i am going to retrain it. She suggested a goal could be carrying a raw egg in the dogs mouth...............Might take me a while.

I tested out today if my dogs really knew the release word and they didn't. I would of never expected that. I am so glad i went.

Lisa

Yep, and i ordered her newest book but have to wait until she gets home to add stuff to it and then post it but she said it would be bwfore April. I cant wait.

Too far for me to go, sounds great. Furtunately I am going to the Aussie equivalent, Gina O'Keefe from WA. I believe she has been to NSW before. I have started picking up the obedience again with Bella lately and she is really enjoying it so am looking forward to learning what needs to be taught for the higher levels.