Gosford City Show - Sunday 12th June 11

Beauie

Not entered but was going to pop over - NOT now - teaming rain up this neck of the woods, pretty much non stop since very early hours of the morning. :eek:

Good luck to anyone deciding to go - this weather & show is truly for the real die-hards - very unfortunate for the Club.

Edited by Beauie

Damn, was hoping they'd called it off. I was entered but listening to teh constant rain since last night, decided against it.

It is really unfortunate, butchya canna book the weather!

Damn, was hoping they'd called it off. I was entered but listening to teh constant rain since last night, decided against it.

I believe some groups were shown inside, in the sheds........

I believe some groups were shown inside, in the sheds........

toys terriers and non sporting?? were all shown inside. I went (I wasn't going but got a call to say toys were undercover :) ) Managed to have trolley set up under the cover stayed nice and dry as did the pup :) Toy group was judged by group was done just after 11 and gen specials were also going undercover I believe - I left in the break in the weather and was home by 12)

Some groups like gunners and hounds were all out in the rain - I wasn't going out there at all!

It was incredibly wet and the 4 unlucky groups outside did well to turn up presentably inside for GS.

The lovely Bouv was spruced up once undercover and went on to win BIS.

As for me, I was questioning my decision to stay once I got there but I'm glad I did as my sweet ACD Junior bitch went Junior in show making it so worth the mud and rain.

It was a great day all round and those of us mad enough to stay appeared to have fun and all was over and done with by 1pm.

I'm truly glad it wasn't a double that I'd entered and planned on camping at though. I wouldn't have liked sleeping in ankle deep mud ;)

Well, I think those that went are as mad as hatters :laugh:

We were curled up with a nice warm blankie, on the lounge, watching a good flick with all our dry, happy, sleeping hounds around us - that is what one should do on a horrendous day like yesterday me thinks ;)

Well, I think those that went are as mad as hatters :laugh:

We were curled up with a nice warm blankie, on the lounge, watching a good flick with all our dry, happy, sleeping hounds around us - that is what one should do on a horrendous day like yesterday me thinks ;)

I agree whole heartedly!!!!

I am glad there are no shows on at the moment because the weather is absouloutley horrid, heavy rain and howling winds!! Yuck :eek:

PS Hounds are very happy on there beds with heater and fire going oblivious to the weather, while i am working myself up to go outside and check chooks etc :eek: :eek: