Hard Lump On My Pug

petri

I adopted my pug 2 weeks ago, she is 5, not desexed and a little overweight. I found a hard lump under her skin, on her back about the size of a 20c piece. It does not move and it does not hurt her when i push it.

We have a vet appointment this saturday to discuss her weight & desexing and I will have the vet look at it then but was hoping for any other similar cases or info. Cant help but worry.

I adopted my pug 2 weeks ago, she is 5, not desexed and a little overweight. I found a hard lump under her skin, on her back about the size of a 20c piece. It does not move and it does not hurt her when i push it.

We have a vet appointment this saturday to discuss her weight & desexing and I will have the vet look at it then but was hoping for any other similar cases or info. Cant help but worry.

It's not an emergency thing, don't worry too much, but do get it checked out at the vet's on Saturday. Ask them to do a FNA (fine needle aspiration) which just means they take a tiny sample of blood from the lump (right there on the exam table, not a big proceedure) and then check the sample for cancerous cells or "mast" cells.

Pugs are quite prone to MCT (mast cell tumours) but if detected early they can be removed usually without problem. Most lumps tend to be just fatty tissue and not MCT, but it always pays to have an aspiration done.

It's not an emergency thing, don't worry too much, but do get it checked out at the vet's on Saturday. Ask them to do a FNA (fine needle aspiration) which just means they take a tiny sample of blood from the lump (right there on the exam table, not a big proceedure) and then check the sample for cancerous cells or "mast" cells.

Pugs are quite prone to MCT (mast cell tumours) but if detected early they can be removed usually without problem. Most lumps tend to be just fatty tissue and not MCT, but it always pays to have an aspiration done.

Thanks, I will deff ask for one. Fingers crossed its all ok!!

• 3 weeks later...