Zena Puppy In Need

DSL

Hi all thanks for reading.

before I start please let me say this pup is not mine i am trying to help this lady and her family who are very upset about it all and the lady in question is young and didnt know better.also i understand that some will say why by a cross breed but please if you can help it would be appreciated greatly.

ok a lady ive been talking to in the last couple of days buoght herself a sharpei x staffy pup not knowing anything better until this event that you should research before you buy. anyway long story sort of cut short she paid for the pup was told where to pick it up from, arrived at the huse the people went into another room and bruoght the pup out to her she took the pup not noticing anything wrong until she got home. the pup had two lumps under its belly and when she tried to walk she was limping on her front let. the next day she took the pup to the vets and the vet informed her that the lumps where hernias both able to be operated on but the leg was bowed badly.

the lady contacted the people she buoght the pup from telling them what was wrong and they had a go at her telling her not to harrass them. she rang the rspca and the local police but was told they could not do anything as it was a civil matter.

anyway they have been told it will cost with desexing $700 dollars now of course this girl cannot afford this with a young child and all . she knew that in the pups life there would be costs but was not expecting them striaght away.

she did not recieve a reciept or vacc cert .she received nothing but a slam in the door.

i do have photos of the pup as i asked her if i could copy and paste for anyone that might be interseted in helping this young pup and her family out.

i have also told her to go to the fiar trade which i hope they can help her.

can anyone please advice whatelse the young girl can do to help zena is there any way anyone knows on how they can riase the funds to help zena live a better life?

thank you to anyone in advance for any info you may be able to give.post-10458-0-26108800-1308052597_thumb.jpg

Edited by DSL

For the bowing I would start by getting the pup on a high quality adult kibble - I wouldn't go to a puppy food as I woudn't want this pup growing too fast, but I would want it getting decent nutrition, which I doubt it has had, and the opportunity to move about naturally on grass.

But I'm not a vet - the vet should have had that advice for her. If it didn't start to improve in a short time on a proper diet I'd assume it needed more than that, but I'd start with diet. I have heard of such legs being splinted but have no experience of it.

I can't help with any advice on raising money for the hernia ops. I don't think there is any easy way to do that, apart from credit.

Edited to ask: how old is the pup?

Edited by Diva

I thought fraud and animal cruelty was a police and RSPCA matter.

If those people are not stopped, they will do this to other poor unsuspecting people.

If she paid for the pup with a credit card she can write to the credit card company and state she did not get what she paid for ie the goods are faulty and the vendors will not refund.

also as far as the food goes, raw chicken mince from your local poultry shop & cut up raw chicken carcass is great for nutrition, as well as adding things like yoghurt or cottage cheese, some vegies occasionally for variety & also some fish like macarel or sardines. As far as the monetary costs go I hope your friend can figure something out, could she find a vet that may offer a payment plan?

For the bowing I would start by getting the pup on a high quality adult kibble - I wouldn't go to a puppy food as I woudn't want this pup growing too fast, but I would want it getting decent nutrition, which I doubt it has had, and the opportunity to move about naturally on grass.

But I'm not a vet - the vet should have had that advice for her. If it didn't start to improve in a short time on a proper diet I'd assume it needed more than that, but I'd start with diet. I have heard of such legs being splinted but have no experience of it.

I can't help with any advice on raising money for the hernia ops. I don't think there is any easy way to do that, apart from credit.

yes i agree. the lady has only had the pup since friday. she has been told by her vet that they would give details for people that would like to help which is good.thank you for the advice thuogh .it will be a long process for them but im sure they will get thruogh and zena will have a very happy life with them.

I thought fraud and animal cruelty was a police and RSPCA matter.

If those people are not stopped, they will do this to other poor unsuspecting people.

If she paid for the pup with a credit card she can write to the credit card company and state she did not get what she paid for ie the goods are faulty and the vendors will not refund.

worse luck she paid cash and didnt think of reciept as i siad she is young in her early twentys so still has not fully learnt about people like this.

Edited to ask: how old is the pup?

from what the lady told me the pup is 6 to 8 weeks old thats all i know.

i asked her if she saw or meet the parents and no she didnt so she doesnt even know what the temperament of the pup will be like.

It is not a police matter. Unless its criminal fraud its a civil matter. The lady will likely have a tough time proving anything though she likely paid cash, no receipt ect.

Not sure how it is fraud - no health garuntees with a byb mongrel.

It is sad though.

yes i agree. the lady has only had the pup since friday. she has been told by her vet that they would give details for people that would like to help which is good.thank you for the advice thuogh .it will be a long process for them but im sure they will get thruogh and zena will have a very happy life with them.

[/quote

If the pup is young enough some horrible growth issues can come right just with balanced high quality nutrition, but it sounds like you know that too. :) I usually feed a raw diet but for a pup in that state I'd just go to a premiun adult kibble, and not try to balance it myself.

I doubt she has any case to get her money back - but I would report it to the RSPCA just in case there is still the rest of a litter living under that kind of neglect. They probably won't take any action, but one can always hope.

Edited by Diva

The way I see it... and I suppose it would have to go to small claims (which seems to be designed to encourage people to find another way)...

That they didn't tell her the puppy was unhealthy or lame. They reasonably should have known. She bought in good faith a healthy puppy but it isn't. Ie it has been misrepresented. If they had told her up front it would be expensive crippled puppy then she'd have no claim but I'm willing to bet they did not.

All the same - what they're doing is horrible, and cruel and they should be stopped.

I wonder if Ms 20 something would be up for a media interview. The current affairs shows like mutant puppies. Ie cute with outrage and emotion.

the lady has rang a couple of vets one has siad $700 another

$500 for the desexing and the correction of the hernias

her last post on my facebook was saying thank you to everyone for their help.

the vet will give her details for anyone that wants to help.

sorry i cant be more knowleble about it all i just thuoght i could get some advice besides my own knowledge to help this family.

yes it has tuoght her a very hard lesson about cross breeds and byb.

im sure she would be mrs rusty bucket . i will be going to see and meet miss 20 something on thursday just so i can see for myself first hand . i will let her know and see if she would like to do it.

I am very sorry for the person that this has happened to and the poor dog.

But I believe this just backs up and documents what we say.

Don't buy from BYB's, Puppy Farms, Pet Shops and people that advertise cross bred dogs.

This is so sad. Poor puppy poor lady.

Her best option would be to contact various vets and find out which offers the option of the GE CareCredit card, it is interest free for over certain amounts. At least this way the dog can be desexed and have the hernias corrected and any other general care that it may require as soon as possible and she can pay it back overtime. She can even apply for the card online and see if she will get approved and for how much and then just find a vet that will accept it.

Hope everything turns out well for the puppy.

In any state in Australia when you buy something it has to be fit for the purpose it was intended for. Tell her to go to fair trading but in all honesty anyone who would buy a sharpei cross staffy let alone breed one is an idiot.

Cheaper and less suffering on the dog and the humans to put it to sleep.

This is so sad. Poor puppy poor lady.

Her best option would be to contact various vets and find out which offers the option of the GE CareCredit card, it is interest free for over certain amounts. At least this way the dog can be desexed and have the hernias corrected and any other general care that it may require as soon as possible and she can pay it back overtime. She can even apply for the card online and see if she will get approved and for how much and then just find a vet that will accept it.

Hope everything turns out well for the puppy.

Don't go with GE . My experience was their fees and charges are horrendous.

Find a vet that will allow you to make regular payments.

Edited by budgiew

thank you all for your advice.

to all who dont know she didnt buy this pup for breeding she bought it cuase she wanted a four legged family member .she has decided to go fiar trade and i hope she wins .she has booked zena in for desexing and for the repiars on her hernias and is working on zenas feed to help her bones so she is trying to do the right thing for zena. she doesnt want to put her to sleep just becuase her leg is bowed.

to everyone that has offered some good advice i thank you.