Green Tripe

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those looking for green tripe there is also K9 Natural which sells it frozen raw or freeze dried. As Petbarn has now started stocking K9 Natural products (both frozen and freeze dried range) it is now much easier to get :).

Edited to add: Oops should read to the end of the thread before I type :-/

Edited by espinay2

For those looking for green tripe there is also K9 Natural which sells it frozen raw or freeze dried. As Petbarn has now started stocking K9 Natural products (both frozen and freeze dried range) it is now much easier to get :).

Edited to add: Oops should read to the end of the thread before I type :-/

Just got a bag today to put bits in food here and there as everyone says how dogs go crazy for it.

All I can say is it doesn't smell lol but we still only ate half our dinner :(

I got mine by just asking my pet food place for it. They were giving us so much that the dogs got thoroughly sick of it and now I have about half a first stomach taking up space in the bottom of my meat freezer.

As far as I know, most places just toss the GI tract as there's little demand for it.

Fair warning though.. fresh green tripe is a bastard to cut up. It's incredibly dense, slippery as hell and the gut wall is hard muscle and connective tissue. A quality boning knife is a must, unless you can source it already minced (which would be very tricky)

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone in NSW I just got some today from Supreme Pet Foods in Shane's Park, they stock it all the time. It is chopped up. The pet mince and bones are cheap there too :)

However the tripe is the most disgusting smelling stuff ever! LOL.

Edited by huski

For anyone in NSW I just got some today from Supreme Pet Foods in Shane's Park, they stock it all the time. It is chopped up. The pet mince and bones are cheap there too :)

However the tripe is the most disgusting smelling stuff ever! LOL.

Thanks for that. I might see if I can go get some when I've got room in the freezer. I bought some frozen at Petbarn a couple of weeks ago.

A new Petbarn opened close to us in Perth last weekend. Came across K9 Natural's Lamb Green Tripe in the frozen section and decided to give it a go. The dogs have gone BANANAS over it. I also got the Lamb Feast and Beef Feast which they love.

The dogs are on a raw diet, so K9 Natural's products are a good addition for us. The tripe stinks, but K9 Natural's product is a bit more acceptable given it's frozen in pelletized form, in nice packaging with a zip top so no preparation required other than thawing which doesn't take long.

The Petbarn outlets I have been in don't sell any animals except for fish. I have seen some cats/kittens in the one near me on occasion up for adoption through a rescue.

They are not the cheapest for a lot of things (their crates are astronomical) but have a good range of foods and supplies available as a rule.