Be Careful With Your Gear

Kirislin

I'm usually careful with stuff, even though I might be messy I know where things are, but I've misplaced my big lens cover for my 70-200 lens. I've been looking all over for it and just in the last hour or so it came to me where I've lost it. I went to the whippet races at Tooradin almost a month ago, and only today I realised that's where I left it. It's so easy to be distracted, people talking, I was fussing about trying to change lenses and left it on a table. Even now replaying it in my mind I remember thinking, dont loose that, put it in the car.....but I didn't.

Thankfully I just rang and asked about it and it's been put in a cupboard so I will pick it up this weekend. I am so glad it didn't have the actual lens inside.

My gear is insured but I wouldn't have claimed the cover, it wouldn't be worth it. I wrote about it simply because it was so easy to misplace, even though I thought I was being careful.

Yes, dont forget to update your policy.

My gear is insured but I wouldn't have claimed the cover, it wouldn't be worth it. I wrote about it simply because it was so easy to misplace, even though I thought I was being careful.

:thumbsup: Great story, I love it when things are handed in and kept rather than just kept (not handed in) or just thrown away :mad good to know there is honesty around :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Great story, I love it when things are handed in and kept rather than just kept (not handed in) or just thrown away :mad good to know there is honesty around :thumbsup:

It's unlikely to have been stolen there, I was more concerned about them throwing it away. When I first rang and asked he knew immediately what I was talking about but I thought he'd turfed it, but luckily he knew it was of some value, he just didn't know what it was, so he put it in a cupboard. Phew! :laugh:

Lucky Kirislin!! I'm so annoyed at myself for losing the lens cap on my most expensive lens (of course) a couple of weeks back.. Waiting for the replacement to arrive - in which time I'll assume I'll find it!

I'll be picking up the case tomorrow, I hope it's not all filthy, I left it on a bench at a greyhound trial track, in a fairly grotty shed. He put it in a cupboard for me. I hope the mice haven't turned it into their mansion or anything.

So happy to hear a) someone put aside safely for you and b)I'm not the only nutter shoving things in my bra while I'm shooting! Sometimes the big girls come in handy :D

Lucky Kirislin!! I'm so annoyed at myself for losing the lens cap on my most expensive lens (of course) a couple of weeks back.. Waiting for the replacement to arrive - in which time I'll assume I'll find it!

Grrr.. Found the cap yesterday and the new one arrived today.. Guess it's good to have a spare one around.. :rolleyes: