Bored Teen Pegs Puppy To Washing Line

LINK

069108-facebook-puppy.jpg

A BORED teenager from the Philippines has sparked outrage after he pegged his puppy to a washing line and posted pictures of it on Facebook.

Jerzon Senador, from Calamba, Laguna, is likely to face animal cruelty charges over the sick stunt.

He suspended the struggling puppy from the skin on its back and then took photographs of it from different angles.

After he was inundated with angry messages from animal lovers, he took the pictures down and wrote a public apology.

More than 3000 Facebook users joined the campaign group Jerzon Senador the Animal Abuser and called for him to be prosecuted.

Mr Senador also faced a backlash on Twitter. One user, iheartyin, wrote: "Jerzon Senador, I wanna put you in that poor puppy's position. I'll put you in the washing machine & hang you on the clothesline afterwards!"

Another, mynameismarea, wrote: "Dear Jerzon Senador, I hope you rot in hell for what you did to that innocent puppy."

Mr Senador apologised for his actions, saying: "To all animal lovers and to people all over the world please read this.

"I would like to ask for forgiveness for the wrong I've done against my dog. I hope you could forgive me and I promise it will never happen again."

Animal rights activists said they had contacted police in the Philippines and asked them to investigate the incident.

If found guilty of breaking the Philippines' animal cruelty laws, Mr Senador could be jailed for up to two years.

069096-facebook-puppy.jpg

• 1 month later...