The Dog Show Catalogue

darwinroyal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wash your mouth out !!

Love the "cat" I look at other breeds, pedigree names, learn about what breeds are in other groups, look to see if dogs I like are entered, see who is breeding what.

I buy one every show and all the tightarses come to view it, Shits me when they walk off with it. Or worse when you come back to your crate and you find someone you don't know looking at your catalogue, they then walk off without saying thank you.

Wash your mouth out !!

Love the "cat" I look at other breeds, pedigree names, learn about what breeds are in other groups, look to see if dogs I like are entered, see who is breeding what.

I buy one every show and all the tightarses come to view it, Shits me when they walk off with it. Or worse when you come back to your crate and you find someone you don't know looking at your catalogue, they then walk off without saying thank you.

Ditto all Sway said. Love the 'Cat'

I agree a catalogue is very important!

:laugh:

I had to laugh at the above statement..........oh how true, especially a stranger having a look at the catalogue.....seriously some people really think they had a right to a have a look regardless.

I have even had people try and take it out of my bag when it has just been hanging out a bit..... :eek: some people..... :mad

I too like to look at the other breeds, names etc.

I agree a catalogue is very important!

:laugh:

I had to laugh at the above statement..........oh how true, especially a stranger having a look at the catalogue.....seriously some people really think they had a right to a have a look regardless.

I have even had people try and take it out of my bag when it has just been hanging out a bit..... :eek: some people..... :mad

I too like to look at the other breeds, names etc.

Yes always buy a catalogue and you can guarantee it will grow legs :) I don't mind sharing with the people we sit with but when people who wouldn't normally give you the time of day say "oh you have a cat can I have a look at such & such?" you feel like screaming get your own. Perhaps the clubs could look at including the cost of catalogues in with the entry fee and then people wouldn't have to be 'tight' about buying one. I know of a number of specialty clubs already do.

Wash your mouth out !!

Yep, sums it up for me.

Would exhibitors/clubs utilise a digital catalogue? All agility trials in Vic allow you to order a catalogue for a fee OR download a pdf at no charge. The latter allows you to print out what you need for the day but you can still refer back to the document in electronic form.

ETA: I love this system and enter more trials because I can save a few $ on catalogues.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I usually buy a catalogue, mostly to support the club holding the show. I don't have much interest in breeds other than my own, so if there's a group cat available, I'll order that rather than a full one.

:eek: How important is the catalogue............

I can not belive you can ask that :eek: I love mine and I read it from cover to cover, maybe not at the show but great reading with a cuppa and relaxing at home :thumbsup:

Must have the catalogue !! :D

Catalogues a must have.

But I refuse to buy one from the victorian country club that do their own and charge $7.00 for one with oodles of mistakes and its not even stapled together firmly.

Love to keep my catalogues, they are history and a great way to research names and go back and research pedigrees.

Couldn't agree more, have had the same thing happen to me plenty of times. I wouldn't mind if they returned the favour on the odd times I haven't purchased a catalogue. Worse when it's someone you don't even know.

I enjoy sitting and reading through catalogue to see what's entered, pedigree's, advertisements etc. Good read while watching what's in the ring :)

I don't mind buying a catalogue, when they are reasonably priced. I will not pay $7 for a catalogue that covers a champ & open show but only shows the entries for the champ show, as entry for the open show is "pay on the day" or $9 for a catalogue that covers both shows but I'm only entered in one show!!!

Edited by Havasneeze

Always for Royals, Grp Spec, Specialties & Sunbury :) but not always for normal shows - depends on the show.

I think it would be a great thing to bring in the online catalogue - I would be happy to pay $1.00 for grp & say $2.50 for the whole catalogue online. This still gives the club income but takes out alot of the work - cataloging, printing, collating & then carting them to the shows. Think this is something that clubs should seriously think about.

I did buy them every show when I first started showing but then stopped because I would make myself nearly sick with worry when I knew who else was in the same class as my girl :rofl: . If I didn't know who was in the class I stopped stressing. Couldn't care less now :).

I would be interested in a catalogue being available online the day before a show. I can then proofread my exhibits, make sure I'm not bathing one I don't need and to suss out the competition :laugh:

I would be interested in a catalogue being available online the day before a show. I can then proofread my exhibits, make sure I'm not bathing one I don't need and to suss out the competition :laugh:

It's really handy - for an agility/jumping trial I have one dog entered in around 6 runs which might be spread over 3 or 4 rings (Dog help me when I my youngster is entered as well!) I can print off the pages I need, highlight the dog's name and which ring I need to be at and when. Much more relaxing on the day.

Mmmmmmmm, I can see that point of view to.

Could be a problem for those without computer, but then, they could always order one in print.