Would You Give Your Dog Ice-cream?

Atanquin

I know lots of ppl that go through the drive through and get their dogs a 30c come :laugh: esp greyhound ppl after a race .

I'd have warned about the choc , i'd have offered to pay for the cup , but then I prob would have been prepared or had a empty coffee cup to use :laugh: rinsed of course :)

Edited by Chezy & Chopper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of mine have a little icecream occasionally, the last bit from a stick etc. My white girl Tully would sell her soul for ice cream! :laugh: she is pitiful when I am eating it so I always save her a bit and sometimes all 4 have to share the stick.

I think you did the right thing telling the lady about the chocolate. I wouldn't specifically buy choc and I f I was going to buy it it would be vanilla only. I have done the Maccas 30 cent cone thing once and my lot turned thier noses up, may have been the sheer volume :laugh: next time they can have 1 between 4 of them.

Not commenting on the right or wrong of your encounter, but yes my dogs do get ice cream :D . When out we sometimes will buy them their own when we get one for ourselves (usually we buy them plain vanilla) or they will get a spoonful at home. My OH had a bit of a ritual with our old (now departed) girl Milou. Those two would sneak off to the kitchen while he got ice cream. As he was dishing it out he would say 'oops!' and drop a scoop on the kitchen floor for her to eat :rolleyes: . When he came along puppy Hamish would follow them out and discovered the joys of ice cream too. The word for ice cream in our house is now as a result 'Oops' as that is what he came to know it as :laugh: All the other dogs of course now know the term too ;)

Edited by espinay2

I'd never give my dogs icecream. I dont fancy a massive dental bill later down the track! Each to their own though.. if someone wants to feed their dog something that is full of sugar and fat with no nutritional value that's no business of mine so long as they dont share it with my dogs!

My first dog was born and lived in NZ for his fist 2 years and I would often give him a vanilla cone, which he loved.

When I moved back to NSW he turned his nose up at cones there - not rich enough for his liking :laugh:

Not sure what its like now but NZ dairy used to be to die for.

I'd never give my dogs icecream. I dont fancy a massive dental bill later down the track! Each to their own though.. if someone wants to feed their dog something that is full of sugar and fat with no nutritional value that's no business of mine so long as they dont share it with my dogs!

Gee - how much ice cream would they need to consume for that to be a problem?

Considering my dogs eat a raw diet ( + Black Hawk a couple of times a week) they are getting plenty of good nutritional value. :D

Mine have on the very odd occasion has about a teaspoon of icecream that we put on a piece of newspaper. it would probably equate to approx once every 2 - 3 months so I dont think it would affect their teeth since they get plenty of other stuff thats good for them.

I wouldnt give them chocolate icecream though because its my favourite and too yummy to share with the dogs.

Considering my dogs eat a raw diet ( + Black Hawk a couple of times a week) they are getting plenty of good nutritional value. :D

Yes, considering my dogs eat a raw diet, have beautiful healthy mouths and have never needed teeth cleaning I don't think the odd bit of ice cream is going to hurt one bit :laugh:

OP - you can't say you sell ice cream with that much chocolate in it and not tell us where we can get it from!! :laugh:

My two get a 50 c cone (ordered in a lid) each occasionally, often on the way home from an agility trial or maybe if we've been to the beach (like today!).

If there's no Maccas or HJ's then they have to share a dixie cup.

Funny watching their reactions when I drive through the local HJs - I don't eat HJs at all so they know they are getting an ice cream :eek:

Yes, considering my dogs eat a raw diet, have beautiful healthy mouths and have never needed teeth cleaning I don't think the odd bit of ice cream is going to hurt one bit :laugh:

Each to their own - it's just not something I would do :). There are much more appropriate things that can be used for treats IMO.