Why Did You Join Dogzonline?

-Megz-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seen a "Groodle" at the lake and it was so weird, I wanted to know more about the "breed". I googled the word and this place came up in the search. I've not been the same since. :laugh:

As the title says, why did you join Dogzonline?

I was still in Junior Handlers when I joined, it was a wonderful source of information and camaraderie amongst the posters here.

I was googling dog related stuff and Dogzonline forum popped up, read the stuff of the thread and wanted to reply so I joined the forum as a member.

No different story than any other forums I am a member of.

-GT-

I was shown the web site by someone I knew to help answer some questions I had with my dog. I have found everything I could ever possibly want to know about dogs and dog breeds. Unfortunately I no longer have a dog, but I still love coming in here to read everything. One day I might get a another dog....I'm just not sure yet.

BF

When I was fostering greyhounds I was told about DOL from another DOL'er(you know who you are).I lurked for quite awhile until I became a member.I was a bit(actually a lot) hesitant to join as my greyhounds are the first purebred dogs I've ever owned and I don't really have any expertise to comment on much at all.All I know what to do is love my dogs give the best care I can provide.I love that I can get on here and talk non stop about my dogs and no one says to me "For f##@ks sake their just dogs!I love learning about breeds that I've heard of but no nothing about.I love Kirislin's whippet photos!I especially love it when greyhounds get saved from the pounds.They are not generally the first choice for rescue but now people know what divine dogs they are they are getting a save.

Curiosity. I had been working in a pet shop for 7 1/2 years when I first heard about DOL and how anti-pet shop they were. I honestly didn't understand why people thought pet shops were so bad, so I decided to check out DOL and see what it was all about. After reading DOL regularly for a few months my whole view on pet shops changed. I began to question everything from where did our puppies "really" come from? to, where do they end up? It really began to disturb me and I began to feel so guilty and dissatisfied with my job that I hated going to work.

Within 15months of joing DOL I got out of the "pet retail" industry and got into vet nursing with a wonderful vet who I love and admire. I have just graduated my Certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing and am LOVING my job now!!!

Literally DOL has changed my life.

Curiosity. I had been working in a pet shop for 7 1/2 years when I first heard about DOL and how anti-pet shop they were. I honestly didn't understand why people thought pet shops were so bad, so I decided to check out DOL and see what it was all about. After reading DOL regularly for a few months my whole view on pet shops changed. I began to question everything from where did our puppies "really" come from? to, where do they end up? It really began to disturb me and I began to feel so guilty and dissatisfied with my job that I hated going to work.

Within 15months of joing DOL I got out of the "pet retail" industry and got into vet nursing with a wonderful vet who I love and admire. I have just graduated my Certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing and am LOVING my job now!!!

:thumbsup:

Apart from the obvious - i.e. incessant dog talk, I wanted to broaden those discussions with other people from other countries, and knowing that DOL is Aus based, and I was in the UK, I thought it was a good place to start...

Oh and the fact that the forum was mentioned several times on another dog forum, I was curious....

AND a male 'friend' frequented this forum too, so wanted to be where he was (yeah I know - sad!!! lol), but it meant that we have become good friends :)

Great story :thumbsup:

I was moving here from the UK, so joined before I moved to get to know more about doggie life in Perth and hopefully meet some fellow dog lovers :) And that I have - I've met some really lovely people round here, in fact had a great walk with one today :D