Worms...........

Thanks, just popped down to the vet and they gave me a tablet for her :) don't know what its called. She's been on advocate for 2 years and didn't think see could get tapeworm.... well went out side this morning to clean up after doggy and found a worm in her Poo, so fingers crossed this tablet will knock them.

Thanks, just popped down to the vet and they gave me a tablet for her :) don't know what its called. She's been on advocate for 2 years and didn't think see could get tapeworm.... well went out side this morning to clean up after doggy and found a worm in her Poo, so fingers crossed this tablet will knock them.

What did the worm look like.

If it was a long thin worm it would not be a tape worm.

Tape worms are caused by fleas.

Tape worms usually present themselves as looking like grains of rice that may stick to the dogs coat, or segments of similar size and are moveing on the faces.

Tape worms usually present themselves as looking like grains of rice that may stick to the dogs coat, or segments of similar size and are moveing on the faces.

It was long and flat (white, creamy color) and looked like lots of segments joined together?? so what worm is this??

She got some flea's on her a couple of months ago, they only lasted a few days.

It was long and flat (white, creamy color) and looked like lots of segments joined together?? so what worm is this??

She got some flea's on her a couple of months ago, they only lasted a few days.

Yes your are quite correct describes tape worm exactly. :)

The flea gets into the mouth and the dog swallows it into the stomach and then a short time later you have tape worm.

I would think that the vet has given you drontal and that should fix matters immediately.

Good on you for such quick thinking. :)

Just had a look at the envolope they gave the tablet in, it is called "Ilium Pyraquantal" all-wormer.

Just wormed the whole family as well.......

Why worm the whole family? or do you mean other dogs?

Petbarn doesn't stock taperwormer-only products I'm afraid (I work there). They are a bit more specialized and you can get them from vets - Droncit is another possiblity you can get form vets that covers tapeworms. We do stock lots of all-wormer products such as Interceptor, Milbermax, and Drontal ranges - remember that there is no spot on product that covers tapeworms. There are also different types of tapeworms, some of which can be caught by people so it is very important that you keep your dog on a regular tapewormer treatment :)