R.i.p. Whitey - My Beautiful Boy

k9angel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, Rachel, I'm so so sad to read this :cry: . Sweet Whitey, he touched so many people, he was such a brave boy and such a fighter.

The video has reduced me to bawling :cry: . Rest in pain free peace darling Whitey :heart:

I picked Whitey's ashes up the other day. :cry: I had the kids with me and I thought I would be ok, but I was a mess. To top it off the song that played on the radio on the way home was U2's - "All I want is you". :cry: it ripped my heart out.

I miss him so, so much. For the first few days afterwards, I would keep going to get his medicine ready in the mornings, I would still make his dinners and would call the other dogs "Whitey", by accident. (still do) Whenever I would hear a bang I would go to run thinking it was him having a seizure. He was such a big part of my life, of our lives... :cry: I cannot watch the video yet. The last time I watched it he was at my side. :(

The day we went to pick his ashes up, I told Jack we were going to Pick Whitey up to bring him home. I wasn't really thinking when I said it, so had to explain to him again that Whitey is in heaven. As we drove there, Jack says to me "Can we go to heaven to see him and Jay Jay Mummy?" :cry: I told him "One day Son". I told him "They'll all be there waiting for us".

I explained to him that when people or animals get really old or very sick like Whitey was, that they go to heaven.

He helped me put Whitey's urn in the special cupboard back at home, next to his Dad, Claude who also died aged 6. :(

At night the house is silent. He would often pace around and you'd hear his little toes click clacking away on the floor boards.

The day Julz dropped Buddy and Leela off, (after Whitey had passed) there was a knock on the front screen door and when I opened it, no one or nothing was there. I had goosebumps all over and said to Julz, it's probably Whitey. He'd often bang against the door like that as he tried to get comfortable. He also used to sometimes prod the back of my leg with his nose to let me know he was there, I have felt that a couple of times too, since he's been gone. (And no I am not going mad, Julz heard the bang on the door too).

I can still remember him gathering the strength to sit up and look at me, that last night - the night he died. :cry: I knew in my heart that our time together was coming to an end. The way he looked at me said it all. :cry:

I just miss him so much. :(:cry:

Edited by k9angel

I wish I could remember the quote I read the other day .. basically that losing a loved one isn't the greatest loss, the heartbreak is in having to cope and live on while they are not here.

I still have dogs 'visit' me too, I find it comforting.

My heart is really aching for you Rachel, I know how close the bond was with you and Whitey. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and one day you'll realise that you're thinking of the beautiful life and memories you had with Whitey, and the intense pain of losing him will have subsided enough to hold him in your heart without it breaking.

Keep writing your thoughts and memories ... I do think it helps :heart:

xxx

I wish I could remember the quote I read the other day .. basically that losing a loved one isn't the greatest loss, the heartbreak is in having to cope and live on while they are not here.

I still have dogs 'visit' me too, I find it comforting.

My heart is really aching for you Rachel, I know how close the bond was with you and Whitey. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and one day you'll realise that you're thinking of the beautiful life and memories you had with Whitey, and the intense pain of losing him will have subsided enough to hold him in your heart without it breaking.

Keep writing your thoughts and memories ... I do think it helps :heart:

xxx

Speaking of quotes, I read one only days before I lost my first boy Claude back in 07, and it has stayed with me ever since.

"Tommorow is never promised and today is always a blessing in disguise".

It is so true. :(

That Saturday night whilst Whitey lay beside me (our very last night together) I had the computer on my lap and was looking for sterling silver dog charms (for a little project I am working on) when I stumbled across 2 vintage charms in england. (on ebay)

The first one didn't look like Whitey, but looked happy. I told him if anything happened -I would remember all the good times, the times he smiled and was in good health. The second one although not a husky, looked a little more like him. I promised him that if anything happened to him I would always remember him when I looked at them. They haven't arrived yet (usually takes about 2 wks), but I know when they do - I will cry.

This was the first one I spotted. No one was bidding on him. :( So I did.

5914181467_c69dd72bcb.jpg

And this was the 2nd one - from the same seller. He reminded me a little more of Whitey in his prime, even though he isn't a husky. Just the way his ears are pricked and he is smiling. :(

5914181535_8af890f7fa.jpg

And another strange thing which happened just before Jay and Whitey died were these birds.

Four weekends prior to Whitey's passing when Jay Jay died, I heard these stange birds chirping away outside. I had never heard them before, ever.

There sounded like hundreds of them, and they sounded small - kind of like a finch of some sort. I thought it was odd but I didn't go and look at them. I heard them though and they were loud and close. It sounded like they were coming from the tree outside my bedroom window.

Four weeks later to the day Jay died - Whitey is taken to the same vet. That very same day, back at home, I heard those birds again... Don't ask me why, but I didn't go to look at them again. I wish I did now.

But I remember thinking to myself "The only other time I have heard those birds was when Jay died". It scared me.... and my fears came true when we lost Whitey the next night. :(

Rach I've commented before about these visions I get and a few months ago I had a very strong feeling that Whitey had had enough and that it was only that you weren't ready for him to go that kept him around. I think I mentioned it to Cazstaff but didn't want to say anything to you because I think having hope is very important. So if you feel like he is still around banging doors and nudging you with his nose then it is his way of telling you he is ok, gone from this earth physically but never forgotten. He will always have a place in your family and he knows that. He'd had enough and had to leave his broken body behind is all. The rainbow bridge had been calling him for a while. He's where he was meant to be.

Alyson

Rach I've commented before about these visions I get and a few months ago I had a very strong feeling that Whitey had had enough and that it was only that you weren't ready for him to go that kept him around. I think I mentioned it to Cazstaff but didn't want to say anything to you because I think having hope is very important. So if you feel like he is still around banging doors and nudging you with his nose then it is his way of telling you he is ok, gone from this earth physically but never forgotten. He will always have a place in your family and he knows that. He'd had enough and had to leave his broken body behind is all. The rainbow bridge had been calling him for a while. He's where he was meant to be.

Alyson

I agree Alyson. He soldiered on for me. :( I had a feeling back when he had tetanus that the end was drawing near - his eye's told all. Same for when I saw him for the last time at the vet. :( I miss him so much but take comfort in the fact that he doesn't have to have to go through seizures anymore, no more infections or sore feet, no more pain.

Oh dear, I can hardly see the keyboard of my computer to type this through the tears. :cry:

I watched that utube clip & it was so beautiful.

So sorry for your loss k9 Angel , RIP Whitey :rainbowbridge: painfree runfree now beautiful boy.

You were ever so courageous. :grouphug:

Edited by BC Crazy

It has already been 2 weeks today since Whitey left this world. It feels like yesterday that he was laying beside my feet. :(

The little silver dog charms arrived today from the UK. I will upload some pics later. I didn't cry like I thought I would, though did get teary eyed.

They're beautiful and will be put away in a safe place with his tag that I found yesterday in my drawer. It came off his collar and I had it put away until I could get another keyring. It still has little bits of dirt on it and little dings here and there, but I will keep it that way. The way it was when it came off Whitey boy.

A few days after Whitey died I recieved a lovely card in the post from Cynthia. (ex Mother Moocher). I know I emailed you already Cyn to thank you, but I'd like to say :thanks: here aswell. It means alot to me and is sitting safely behind glass in my cabinet.

Also I want to say a big :thanks: to Marion 01 for offering to do me a memorial poster and calender for my beloved babies. I am so thankful and so touched that there are ppl like you guys out there who care so much. I will attach the work Marion has sent through. They are absolutely gorgeous.

5928531203_d5d4f7d8f5.jpg

Whitey's one.

5925718215_d47ba58f93.jpg

Whitey and Jay Jay

5925718211_fe6cde0e72.jpg

Whitey boy surveying the adventures ahead. (you can see his blue tag here)

5925718193_5d1fb668f0.jpg

All my babies who are in Heaven now. :heart:

5928532483_afa51ab995.jpg

Look at the resemblence of Whitey to his Dad Claude. They not only looked alike and had the same soft gentle natures - they both died at 6 yrs of age. :(

Thankyou Marion. I love them all. It is so kind of you to take the time to make them, I appreciate it so much. :)

Here is a link to a youtube vid of Whitey, made the day before yesterday.

I also made him and my other babies in heaven, a special little memento from me yesterday. I will post pics shortly.

After Cass and Claude died, I made a cross out of old fence palings and burned the inscription on using the sun and a magnifying glass. (something my Dad R.I.P. taught me years ago).

I hung it from the fence above Claudes fav. sitting spot in the shade and there it stayed.

Until a few weekends ago when I went to add Jay's name to it and saw it gone.

OH had been fiddling with the fence the day before and accidently broke it. :cry:

I know it was an accident but I was devastated. I used to go and hang roses from the garden on it. It was nothing flash but had great sentimental value to me.

So yesterday I went to work making a new one.

I used some pinewood that was laying around doing nothing. I cut it into 2 peices to make a cross.

Then I took it out into the sun and burned the letters into the wood aswell as a heart, kisses, and 2 paw prints.

After that was done, I glued and nailed it together and also nailed in 4 horseshoe nails to hang little suncatchers from.

The next step I stained it, painted the heart red and one of the pawprints with rainbow colours and then I laquered it. To finish it off I made 4 suncatchers and hung them from the nails attached.

5926001438_86bbb45153.jpg

5926001446_7a0dbcda08.jpg

5926001454_8be7a660c7.jpg

5926001464_edd8baeb6b.jpg

5926001474_ba38b97e0d.jpg

5925491191_72ffe7eab2.jpg

5925491201_8d89e74d0b.jpg

Each one of the suncatchers has swarovksi crystal beads and a cute litte handcrafted pocelain dog bead on them.

The cross itself kind of looks rustic, but the suncatchers add colour & sparkle. They were blinding me with rainbows this morning.

The little beads I used.

5925491217_77559ef1c1.jpg

I really love your cross - it is beautiful! My sister bought me this ceramic heart container that is covered in sparkly angel wings. Everything I find of Ricky's (still covered in her dna) goes into the container. It's got things in there like her unwashed pink sock and well worn name tag. I used to swap between two collars with their own tags on them so one is buried with her as well (but no collar - don't like the idea of dog's being buried 'enslaved'). I did the same with her son's tag. Maybe in 50 years someone might come across them and understand it was their final resting place. I've also succumbed and let Stussy wear her winter coats. It feels ok now.

I know you cremate - do you do something special with the ashes or put them in special containers?

I really love your cross - it is beautiful! My sister bought me this ceramic heart container that is covered in sparkly angel wings. Everything I find of Ricky's (still covered in her dna) goes into the container. It's got things in there like her unwashed pink sock and well worn name tag. I used to swap between two collars with their own tags on them so one is buried with her as well (but no collar - don't like the idea of dog's being buried 'enslaved'). I did the same with her son's tag. Maybe in 50 years someone might come across them and understand it was their final resting place. I've also succumbed and let Stussy wear her winter coats. It feels ok now.

I know you cremate - do you do something special with the ashes or put them in special containers?

They are sent off to Pets at Peace to be cremated. Before they are sent off I go and say a final Goodbye. :( That is when I also choose an urn. I have a special glass cabinet with all my fav ornaments in it and that is where I keep their urns. Safe and sound and where I can see them.

When I go, they'll all be buried with me.

It's been my pleasure to do this for you Rach. Love the cross and the suncatchers. Are the little doggies like a polymer clay type stuff.

I appreciate it lots. They came up beautiful. :)

The little beads are handcrafted porcelain. The cats are cute too.

I bought them for the dog and cat themed suncatchers I am making and thought they'd look nice on the cross.

• 1 month later...

It's been my pleasure to do this for you Rach. Love the cross and the suncatchers. Are the little doggies like a polymer clay type stuff.

I appreciate it lots. They came up beautiful. :)

The little beads are handcrafted porcelain. The cats are cute too.

I bought them for the dog and cat themed suncatchers I am making and thought they'd look nice on the cross.

k9angel, the words and poem you have written for your Whitey are just absolutely beautiful and clearly tell of the love you had and still have for him. My heart feels very sad for you and for your loss. He will wait for you x