R.i.p. Whitey - My Beautiful Boy

k9angel

R.I.P. Whitey

18.6.05 - 28.6.11

:rainbowbridge::rainbowbridge::rainbowbridge:

I don't know where to start. :(

Some of you may of already read Whitey's story and battle with IMT in his thread, started last year.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/203498-whitey-needing-some-moral-support/

Whitey was diagnosed with IMT in September last year.

It has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, with the ups far outweighing the downs.

Whitey had everything from numerous infections, pneumonia, tetanus and lupus. But he was a fighter from the start - until the end.

He was such a brave boy who had the strongest will to live.

Whitey had the sweetest nature. From the day he was born I knew there was something different about him, apart from being the runt of the litter - there was something special about him.

I couldn't pick it then but as he got older, I saw and learned why he was so special.

It was not only the fact he had the most gentle, loving, placid nature - it was also the fact he was a very sick boy.

In September 2010 - I went outside to find him unable to move. He was rushed to the vet and the next day a disgnosis came back - it was IMT.

The last 9 months have been hard. On all of us, but mostly Whitey boy. :cry:

But while he had the fight and will to live, I promised him I would fight for him. And I did.

He was quiet all weekend and off his food. I noticed on the Saturday his belly looked a little swollen than normal.

On the Saturday night I was really worried for him and knew it was serious.

I had a feeling that the time was getting close. :cry:

I stayed up with him all night, patting him, talking to him and just being there for him. He needed me more than ever, and I needed him.

At 2.06am he had a seizure. It took a while for him to come out of it and it scared me.

I thought he would die there on the kitchen floor, in my arms.

But he held on and fought so hard and got through the night.

In the morning he was taken to the vet at Auburn but they didn't have the facilities on hand to treat him so he was taken to the emergency vet at Bass hill.

He was taken straight in and had several tests done aswell as being put on meds and IV fluids.

He made it through the Sunday night.

Then last night I went and saw him. He looked so weak, so tired. I knew it was nearly time. Despite being in such a weak state, he found the strength to sit up and look at me.

Before I left I told him,

"I love you boy. I will see you tommorow".

This morning we were awaiting the results of the blood tests to see whether he had Addisons disease. I was counting on the result to come back positive but when the phone rang, it was not for the test results, it was to tell me that he passed through the night. :cry:

My beautiful boy, gone forever. :cry:

I want thank the many DOLers who have followed Whitey and who have sent their love, support and well wishes this past 9 months. It has helped immensley and means the world to me, my family and ofcoarse to Whitey.

And thankyou Angie aswell for all your ongoing support of Whitey.

A huge :thanks: to each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. :heart:

And to my Dear Whitey boy,

5125677880_71bc3a782b.jpg

Whitey, I love you boy. I miss you so much already. I cannot stop crying and thinking about you. :cry:

I guess we both knew on the Saturday night that it was serious.

We needed no words, the way we looked at eachother said it all. You were scared and I was scared for you.

I held you, and patted you. I hope you liked your ear scratches and belly rubs boy.

I hoped you liked laying infront of the tele with me as I spoke to you and told you how much I loved you.

I told you it was ok to go if you wanted to - but you refused and fought on so hard.

So we saw in the new day together listening to the birds outside and watching night turn to day.

It was to be our last night together. :cry:

If the test results had of come back negative I would of set you free. I couldn't of put you through any more tests, any more pain.

When I went and saw you last night, I knew, by the way you looked at me - that it was almost time. You were tired and had had enough. Your eye's told me so. I am sorry you didn't get to die in my arms and that you had to die alone, I really am. :cry:

And I am so thankful to of had such a sweet, gentle & loving soul - you - in my life.

I will miss you waking me up the same way every morning. I'd wake up startled every morning without fail as you would stand there, your face so close to mine that I would feel you breath on me. Then you'd howl your hello and I would jump to life. It would scare at the crap out of me but make me laugh at the same time. I will miss watching you trying to get the others dogs bones, you'd stand there doing your howly thing, tail wagging cheekily, you were a bugger for that - but they knew you well enough to know you weren't a threat so they let you get away with it. I will miss you harrassing me for my dinner, giving me those innocent eyes. You know I'd always give in and you'd win. You had a way of melting my heart and always bought a smile to my face. I will miss patting you, holding you, comforting & talking to you. I will miss everything, even giving you your medicine. I remember when you and Blacky were just wee pups I would leave you at home, inside while I went to work. You 2 would trash the house every day without fail. I would have to quickly clean up before the OH got home. Oh and one day, you's decided to demolish the Xmas tree. I was so worried you's had eaten the decorations. But all was well. You's were fine.

Well, I guess this is it for now boy.

I know one day we WILL meet again and we'll all be together as one like we used to be.

Until then run free with Claude, Cassie and Jay Jay.

They will care for you until I get there to take care of you all.

Mummy. XXXXX :heart: :cry:

A poem I wrote for you and read to you on Saturday night.

Whitey

I feel the end of the road is near,

I feel sad, I feel fear,

You've been to hell and back my friend,

Please let this not be the end.

I see the hope fading in your eyes,

I hear your silent inner cries,

I know it's nearly time to let you go,

To set you free across the Rainbow.

I cannot stand to see you sad,

You hide it well, so this must be bad,

For your pain clearly shows,

Dont worry boy, soon that pain will go.

You will soon run free again,

No more pain my beautiful friend,

Know I love you, I feel your pain,

For you tears will fall like drops of rain.

I will lay awake with you all night,

I will be your eyes, if you lose your sight,

I saw you born, I watched you grow,

And I'll be there when you're ready to go.

Love you Whitey boy.

25.6.11 @ 9.51pm

And one I done today.

Until we meet again

My beautiful boy words are hard to find,

I could see in your eyes that it was time,

Run free with Cass, Claude and Jay,

I know I will see you again One day.

My heart aches, the tears they fall,

They won't stop, for you they pour,

But I know you run free now,

In the stars, above the clouds.

I will look to the sky tonight,

Watch for the star that shines so bright,

Whitey you'll always be close to my heart,

No matter how far we are, apart.

And I will light a candle too,

As I sit and think of you,

Of all the times you made me smile,

How for you, I would of ran a mile.

But I know we will meet again,

One day Whitey, my beautiful friend,

We'll shine together in the night sky,

Until then my boy, Goodbye... :(:cry:

Whitey's video made a week or so ago. I cannot watch it atm. It's too soon. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzqr-UtUmJ0

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry:

You both fought so hard ........

I am so very sorry you were not there to hold him and wish him a safe journey ...

he was indeed special , and it was a privilege to share the journey thru D O L . A :hug: for you, and for the kids .

Thinking of you .

I don't have the words tonight Rach but please know that I'm feeling your pain. This is a significant loss for you and your family. You and Whitey both so hard for it to be otherwise.

I'm sure Jay Jay has greeted him and welcomed him over the bridge. Rest easy now boy.

Oh Whitey... I'm so sad this day came :cry: I followed your story and cried when you were down but was so happy when you rallied for your loving family.

Rest easy beautiful boy. Look after your family from the bridge and know you will always be in their thoughts and hearts.

I'm so sorry for your loss K9angel. I know you were dreading this day. When the time comes you will be able to smile when you think of him instead of crying, but for now know that he will always be apart of you and he's never far away.

A wonderful tribute to a wonderful brave soul, the long hard fight is over, he is whole and free of pain at the rainbow, with Jay Jay and all their friends. Take care of yourselves as you grieve.

RIP Whitey :rainbowbridge:

Beautiful words, Rach, for a beautiful soul

:grouphug: for you and your family. you did all you could, and more. Whitey was so lucky to have you, he fought a brave fight but his time had come.

Be kind to yourself. Cry, scream, do whatever you need to do, there will come a day when you can think of him and smile instead of cry.

I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy and he fought hard. Don't be sad that you weren't there, I am sure Whitey didn't see it that way. He had said goodbye and he was ready to go. He is still with you. :hug:

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Edited by WendyH

Thank you for sharing his story. You are quite right, he was a special boy, but you are an amazing owner; after reading and watching the video, I don't know how you managed to stay so strong. :( The sheer volume of his downs and your care for him (so that he would pull through) is amazing - you too, are special.

Glad he is at peace now. RIP Whitey.

No one in this world could have loved Whitey more than you.What an amazing bond you two will always have.Thank you for the most beautiful video tribute to show me a life of dedication and love for your boy that will be in your heart forever. :cry: