Dog Just Died Anyone Up

JulesP

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is an over-reaction but given there is now Multiguard, a non toxic snail bait, I almost wish the old green stuff could be lobbied to be banned, or sold under license somehow.

Sorry to sort of go technical, but it's important that people know that Multiguard is definitely NOT non-toxic. It supposedly tastes bitter, so not as appetising as the others, but if enough is ingested it can most definitely be fatal.

Yes I know of a pup that died.

Use beer people if you feel the need to kill snails..

Or coffee. Coffee kills snails.

So deeply sorry for your loss :(

JulesP, I have been so concerned for you since reading your post.It is so shocking, unexpected and seems so unfair for Brock and all of you. What a sad thing to happen. I hope that you can find a way to ensure your other dogs are safe, something practical to focus on... Treat yourself well, as Pers suggested, and cuddle your girls (if they are cuddly types!).

There is lots of love and support for you on here, so come in if you feel too bad...

xx from me and Tonka :kissbetter:

What Pers said. It does get easier, although at this stage, it feels as though it can't - and seeing the reaction of the girls is hard too. I love that the cats know you need comfort - wish we could do something other than send you cyber sympathy and hugs - but you know you have that - and our tears for you and Brock, and for our lovely dogs that have gone too soon. Take care.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Poisoning any animal is terrible. I really hope that it wasn't done on purpose by some nasty person.

I remember when someone covered the largest dog park in Adelaide with snail bait. A few dogs died & it took ages for the park to be re-opened. I always refill and clean the dog water bowls at the parks - always worried that it wouldn't take much for someone to spike it.

Don't blame yourself - try to focus on the good times.

Thinking of you today Jules , hope you managed to get some sleep . At least the kitty kats are aware you need them , I hope you and the gals are doing alright all things considered .

Pls update us on how you are ? Big hugs !

Jules I only just read this, I am so very sorry, it is the saddest news. Lost my Doberman the same way years ago, the grief does soften with time but it is a terrible loss to endure.

Wish there were words to help. If I can come over and help in a practical way any time at all this week just say. I'm glad you are still with Croydon they are so good - I haven't been to club since I retired Frodo from flyball. Just devastating to lose young Brock like this, rest in peace beautiful boy.

Feeling fairly crap as I sure you can all imagine. The girls are still quiet but I did get squeaked at by Poppy when I got home today and Amber managed a woohoo.

A friend took me to get the car steam cleaned. Was very hard getting back in the car.

I really appreciate all your kind thoughts.