Just A Heads Up

The active ingredient is Ivermectin - it's probably an ivermectin resistance they're seeing in the US from an overuse - they're having to rotate horse wormers due to mectin resistance why not heartwormers. Saying that US is not the same as Australia when it comes to the overuse of chemicals.

Most if not all of your other combination products will be using some mectin to deal with heartworm. Hence I would assume it's the same thing. This is the type of effect that comes from when dog owners keep underdosing and split dosing their animals with products. Either dog it or dont do it at all.

As for Milbemax I do know of a pup with brain damage from one dose. Apparently 'collie' safe.

Not sure if it is even relevant, but from memory most of WA's nematode and flatworm population is now resistant to Ivermectin. The joys of something that is considered the best thing since sliced bread and everyone uses it.

Not sure of the Ivermectin resistant status in horses, but I know many advocate the use of Abamectin now.

The speed of which resistance developed in sheep worms surprised many. I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to heartworms in dogs. Resistance sure is a dirty word when it comes to the pharma companies.