Schutzhund Training..........

:):confused::o PIES :laugh::laugh::laugh: means DOG in Polish

so were you able to log on as me using my password and you could see the forum and the underlined word TUTAJ?

I just click on that and a windows media player pops out automatically and a video buffers....

anyway I will ask the person that has posted them to e-mial them to me and I can e-mial them to you guys.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:

Try this as last, below I post direct links to videos

OK I'll try the long way around

http://www.psieforum.pl/portal.php

when loged on you will see on the left hand side a menu , choose forum

go down the list till you get to a section called Psie rasy than choose group 2

than there is a subject there (most likely on top - moj przyjaciel doberman has several pages page 24 is the one you are looking for

Than the word Tutaj - single click windows media player opens automatically, takes a while to load the video.

Edited by myszka

Yep i logged on as Monika and Rex it even welcomed us........well i think it did i could only make out the Monika and Rex.

I dont think i will ever eat pies again.

Everything went as you said but when i clicked on the underlined TUTAJ just another page opens, it just looks like a sponsers page (its hard to tell) but no video player.

I can pm you with my email because i would loveeeeeee to see it.

I dont think i will ever eat pies again.

:)

Now you know how I felt the day I arrived in OZ :confused:

PIES = DOG

PSY = DOGS

The sponsors page is a magazine Moj Pies = My Dog

I promise you - we have no meat pies in Poland. Noone has ever hear of them.

I was thinking that they sell dogs everywhere when I first arrived here :o:laugh::laugh:

Yeah I will take him if someone is going to rehome him. :)

Let me know if you want more

I have International agility comp

international champ of protection dogs

Polish IPO 3 champs

Elimination round to German champ in sch (Berlin)

breeders requirements test in Poland

Edited by myszka

Getting back to the subject - Cordelia - would you rehome such dog?

Truthfully......... No, I would not.

Having said that, the chances of my ever having a Sch trained dog surrendered to me is pretty much NIL.

Why wouldn't I rehome a Sch trained dog?

Because of the risks associated with any dog who has been trained in bite work. Regardless of the fact that a sleeve is the decoy (therefore, should be no sleeve, no bite), it isn't a big step to train a dog to go a person without a sleeve if the preliminary work is already done.

Of course, any dog can bite given the right circumstances but I just won't rehome a dog who has the training to do so.

The other thing...... dogs who exel in Sch are very dominant, confident dogs....... confidence I like. Very high level of dominance in a large breed..... no thanks for me or for the people who come to me looking for just a nice natured pooch.

Takes a strong, dominant human to own a dog like that..... (thats me at times but I won't challenge a pissed off large breed :confused: ) and that ISN'T your average family.

C:

Because of the risks associated with any dog who has been trained in bite work.

K9: of course you know that Sch 1 is obedience, Sch 2 is tracking & Sch 3 is protection. So when saying you wont rehome a Sch trained dog, you mean titled in Sch 3.

Just kiddning Cordy, I remember you said someone told you that once...lol

C:

dogs who exel in Sch are very dominant

K9: this is very rarely the case, dominance bleeds over into aprehension, meaning dominant dogs rarely perform well...

The chances of a bite trained dog biting someone are less than a non bite trained dog...

It would be a shame not to re home such a well trained animal.

Edited by K9 Force

http://www.tresurapsow.pl/pliki/dob-testy/1.wmv

Cordelia check this out - this is a dog that is not Sch 3 as yet, this is a test and he fails it. Look what he does with a sleave.

Dont some dog do the same with a rope/ball/fluffy toy?

Retraining a dog that does the tug of war with a rope and than a fetch would be just as easy to retrain to do human bite work as it would be to retrain this dobe.

You are right chances of you to get a dog that is Sch3 tiled are NIL.

BTW I am happy that this subject came up, and we can sort of hihgjack, perhaps it will educate people that protection trained dogs are not dangerous - they are simply very well TRAINED.

K9: of course you know that Sch 1 is obedience, Sch 2 is tracking & Sch 3 is protection. So when saying you wont rehome a Sch trained dog, you mean titled in Sch 3.

Hi, K9,

I am somewhat confused by your info on Sch 1, Sch 2 & Sch 3.

All three titling levels of schutzhund have elements of obedience, tracking and protection/bitework. At least they did when I trained it with my Rottweiler in the early 90's.

The schutzhund titles BH, FH and the AD do not have any protection phase. The BH is basically obedience/traffic surety, the FH is advanced tracking and the AD is an endurance test.

Thanks for clarifying! :confused:

Susie

Edited by mersonmalinois

K9: without going into the rules, & the massive amounts of changes that seem to go on forever, this site may give a basic insight.

The 2004 Rules are listed there also, I have not kept up with them for years...

Though I do believe that there is about to be yet another new set of rules..

Sch

Whilst each title does have ob, tracking & protection in it, its thought by many that protection is really only possible in Sch3. Sch1 & 2 are (IMO) only low level courage tests.

Sch3 (masters degree) used to mean a good all round dog.

Edited by K9 Force

Sch

Whilst each title does have ob, tracking & protection in it, its thought by many that protection is really only possible in Sch3. Sch1 & 2 are (IMO) only low level courage tests.

Sch3 (masters degree) used to mean a good all round dog.

Well, ok, but there are many exercises in all three levels where the dogs must attack/re-attack/etc. and are scored on their duration/depth of bite on the sleeve. Maybe only low level courage tests, but bitework nonetheless. :)

Oh, and to anyone who has not seen the sport or been around schutzhund titled dogs, most are the most sound, stable and trustworthy dogs you will ever meet. They understand the sport as a GAME, not a mission in life to kill humans.

I doubt very much if many Sch III dogs wind up in rescue. There is a LOT of work that goes into those titles!

Well, ok, but there are many exercises in all three levels where the dogs must attack/re-attack/etc. and are scored on their duration/depth of bite on the sleeve.

K9: totally agree, I will add though, its more of a game, I feel its not until the dog is worked in the bark & hold in defence drive that I would consider the dog protective by any means.

Well, ok, but there are many exercises in all three levels where the dogs must attack/re-attack/etc. and are scored on their duration/depth of bite on the sleeve.

K9: totally agree, I will add though, its more of a game, I feel its not until the dog is worked in the bark & hold in defence drive that I would consider the dog protective by any means.

I believe the bark & hold is a component/exercise of all levels too. :)